News The best tablet of 2020 didn't come from Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2020
A little short on your review. It takes near-zero effort to convert your pages to print text. Had you done so, you would not have been able to recognize your notes as this function does not respect horizontal lines, thus reordering your scribbles into legible but unintelligible text. Hopefully, reMarkable will make this should-be-killer feature into a usable function.

nsteblay

Estimable
Dec 7, 2019
I purchased a ReMarkable 2 this year. I also have a recent iPad Pro 12.9. The RM2 niche is replacing paper notebooks. I tried to replace my paper notebooks with the iPad but I couldn't make it work. There is something about writing on glass and navigating the iPad OS that makes it too cumbersome. I love my iPad and use it for many things but the RM2 is where I take all my notes for work. I am loving it. It has the right mix of capabilities and simplicity resulting in a highly ergonomic design and experience.

Jan 1, 2021
not sure I would want to have a table per function. scan / digitize paper with your existing table would be a whole lot less expensive.

Jan 2, 2021
It only has 6GB storage space. It should have more. You're able to load PDFs and ebooks with their desktop app. I purchased this for my boss and he loves it, however I'm looking forward to the day he runs out of space. It also only syncs when you're connected to the Internet and it doesn't always reconnect when around known networks. After a while, there's also visible faded text from old notes on the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.