The best waterproof phones in 2022

Aug 4, 2021
Is there any evaluation of how well the phones perform in the rain ? With wet fingers, can I unlock the phone, navigate to an app, a page, a tab, a screen, then zoom and pan, and type some keyboard text , and send/submit ?

Are raindrops when they impact the screen or run off the screen occasionally misinterpreted as finger gestures ? If smartphone works in the rain, does it work both in tropical monsoon 90 F and in temperate 30 F conditions ?

If this appears a strange question, imaging you are riding your bike around town in the rain trying to follow web based cycling navigation instructions and you keep tabbing between a saved map route (like map quest in Chrome, or RideWithGPS) and a live map app like Googlemaps or Apple Maps, and you will photograph or video discrepancies while riding between these online tools and the real world as maintained by the Dept. Of Transportation.

Jun 4, 2022
Are you sure that Samsung phones are waterproof or water-resistant phone? I have 2 incidents with Samsung (S10plus and A22 5G), a touch of water, and the phone corroded.

compmaster56

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
The author of this article should be ashamed to have written and publish this article.
Please consider removing this article, or at the very least, you need to change the title to "The best water resistant phones".

This is the kind of bad article that causes people to think their phones are waterproof (waterproof and water resistant are not the same thing!) and then inevitably blames the manufacturer when it gets water damaged and the manufacturer refuses to replace it under warranty.

To signal how displeased I am... I reset my password to my 11-year old forum account just to post this.

compmaster56

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Are you sure that Samsung phones are waterproof or water-resistant phone? I have 2 incidents with Samsung (S10plus and A22 5G), a touch of water, and the phone corroded.

They're water resistant, no device is waterproof (this article should be removed because it paints a false perception that iPhones etc. are waterproof when they're not).
The level of water resistance a device has depends on its age and your environment, in a warm humid environment the seals will degrade much faster than if the device was in a cooler less humid environment.
Effectively a smartphone's water resistance should never intentionally be tested unless you are prepared to kill the device.

Oct 12, 2022
They're water resistant, no device is waterproof (this article should be removed because it paints a false perception that iPhones etc. are waterproof when they're not).
The level of water resistance a device has depends on its age and your environment, in a warm humid environment the seals will degrade much faster than if the device was in a cooler less humid environment.
Effectively a smartphone's water resistance should never intentionally be tested unless you are prepared to kill the device.

IP68 is water proof.

"IP68 can withstand immersion in water deeper than 1 meter. Andboth of these objects are dust resistant. When it comes to water proof versus sweat resistance, manufacturers are referring to waterproof as complete immersion in water (usually IP second digit of 7) meaning 1 meter depth for 30 minutes. " (https://majorhifi.com/water-resistant-ratings-explained/)

My phone is IP68 and I put it underwater all the time without any problem. (btw, 200 U$)

Sep 13, 2023
The pixel 7 pro is not ip68. Mine was in a pool to at most 1ft deep for only 30seconds and the touchscreen stopped working and there is significant condensation in the cameras, it is absolutely not able to have zero ingress after 1 meter for 30 minutes. This is false advertising. I had the phone for only 3 months and it was not abused dropped or cracked, they will not offer a replacement on this clearly defective product.