The BIOS in my laptop shows twice before the computer finally boots.

isaunier

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I purchased a Sager NP9370 last year and the computer ran fantastically until a few weeks ago. Windows slowed down drastically in a few seconds, then froze solid. When I restarted the computer the entire hardrive was corrupted (It took about 2 hours for the chkdsk utility to get it to a running point again, but no programs worked and windows was very sluggish) so I reformatted and re-installed windows. After this reformat my bios will show up, followed by a black screen with a flashing white bar in the top left, before returning to the BIOS. After that point it will boot like normal. This really isn't a HUGE problem, but it's incredibly annoying as it drastically increases the time it takes for my laptop to boot.

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
It may be going through a "double boot" on account of a dodgy hard drive that's starting to fail, causing a drive detection hiccup.
You'll need to test the drive with the drive maker's diagnostic software for DOS which loads from a bootable CD.
Most of the links to the software are here: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

If it's a WD drive, the link is here: http://www.smartestcomputing.us.com/topic/63494-looking-for-western-digital-data-lifeguard-iso/

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
It may be going through a "double boot" on account of a dodgy hard drive that's starting to fail, causing a drive detection hiccup.
You'll need to test the drive with the drive maker's diagnostic software for DOS which loads from a bootable CD.
Most of the links to the software are here: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

If it's a WD drive, the link is here: http://www.smartestcomputing.us.com/topic/63494-looking-for-western-digital-data-lifeguard-iso/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 15
Gsagastume17 Laptop Tech Support 3
newuser@123 Laptop Tech Support 1
snowstorm29 Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 2
Rishabh103 Laptop Tech Support 1
giomarim Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
shresthabijay26 Laptop Tech Support 1
Lartwel Laptop Tech Support 1
CL19 Laptop Tech Support 1