The BlackBerry ''Blackpad'' to Take on Apple iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]Tamz_msc[/nom]Except for the UI and logos, it lookes the same as the iPad.[/citation]
... and the UI is worse...

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
thats a horrible shoop of the iPad. either this is fake, or they really need to fire their graphic designer.

also, 'blackpad'? seriously?

i do hope this isn't true...

Upendra09

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Blackbery shouldn't be charging an Apple premium for their products, make this cost around 425 and it will sell like hotcakes

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]thats a horrible shoop of the iPad. either this is fake, or they really need to fire their graphic designer. also, 'blackpad'? seriously? i do hope this isn't true...[/citation]
It sure beats I-PAD

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
I really hope there is a usb port in the final product because I don't see any from the picture. Also I really hope that blackberry didn't just copy Apple and instead plans on actually producing a product that is worthwhile.

kranose

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
"Except for the UI and logos, it lookes the same as the iPad."

How different can you made a slate PC?.. However I do like the black more than white.. even so, I still can't think what i'd use this or the ipad for.. :)

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
for the same price you could get a convertible 10" tablet pc with keyboard AND multitouch, flash support, windows 7, usb ports, front facing webcam, and the list goes on, just no 3g and a lower resolution screen.

ceejer

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Considering how the market has developed after the release of the iPad (or iPhone, or iPod...) the Apple haters are missing something in their arguments. Sure, Apple products tend to be more expensive, and no, there was nothing magical or revolutionary about the hardware in the ipad, and they do occasionally make mistakes (hardware design, PR, etc.), but they sure do have a way of shaping and defining entire product segments, and even creating new ones from scratch. Perhaps some apads or this 'blackpad' will in fact be superior to the iPad in some ways, but remember that they owe their very existence to the iPad, Apple, and in no small part to Steve Jobs. Even if you never buy an apple product, hate Steve (who could blame you?) and disdain their closed platform philosophy, you have to see that they are an incredibly powerful driving force, and they sure spur innovation and competition. And that's the cornerstone of the free market ideology. I'd wager that today, even the apple haters own at least one device that would not exist without Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.