The Case That Turns an iPod Into an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Don't get your hopes up about this, another news article stated that the Apple Peel will not be made available outside of China and certainly not be made available in the United States.

If the Apple Peel were available in the U.S., I might actually buy an Apple product!

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]jomofro39[/nom]Someone in China is checking if they are violating someone else's IP? This story must be bogus...[/citation]
In China, counterfeit products and IP violation is quite common. The gov't doesn't seem to care to fix it, so yeah....

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Arglebargle[/nom]Cue cease and desist orders from Apple's lawyers in 3...2...1...[/citation]
Apple has NO pull in China, whatsoever. Nobody does. It is a legal no-man's land. They have the same chance of getting gold from their anus.

michaelssw

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Imagine holding up the Ipad to your head, kinda reminds me of the trigger happy clips of the guy yelling into a huge cell phone

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/681040/the_huge_cell_phone_and_yelling_prank/

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]chunkymonster[/nom]Don't get your hopes up about this, another news article stated that the Apple Peel will not be made available outside of China and certainly not be made available in the United States. If the Apple Peel were available in the U.S., I might actually buy an Apple product![/citation]
Yeah because there is NO WAY to order something from china (maybe not directing from the company....but come on there will be a way!).

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Informant: Mr. Jobs, someone created an adapter that turns iPods to iPhones.
Steve: RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!! RAID RAID RAID!!!
Informant: But Sire, they are in China.
Steve: Get the iNuke ready.....

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Hellbound[/nom]Informant: Mr. Jobs, someone created an adapter that turns iPods to iPhones.Steve: RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!! RAID RAID RAID!!!Informant: But Sire, they are in China.Steve: Get the iNuke ready.....[/citation]
lame, but I laughed at the "iNuke" part, so thumbs up!

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]jomofro39[/nom]Apple has NO pull in China, whatsoever. Nobody does. It is a legal no-man's land. They have the same chance of getting gold from their anus.[/citation]

Considering how some people feel about Jobs and Apple, you would think that is what they're doing already.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Well sounds like he is intelligent about IP to me. If he's able to get a patent for this in any Western country, he'd become a multi millionaire really fast off of this invention.

I am 100% sure (and beyond that even) that Apple will get very greedy and put a stop to that first though.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]garyshome[/nom]Check Deal Extreme[/citation]Since it's not in production yet I think you won't be seeing this there.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]tan00001[/nom]Some people can't seem leave out their own prejudice on anything related to China. What a bunch of @#$%&s.[/citation]

There is prejudice, but there is also quiet clear signs of government involvement in siphoning off IP to Chinese companies. Requiring any company that want to do business in China to partner with a local Chinese company, hire some Chinese workers. Only to find that some of the information that they were exposed to gets used in other products the Chinese company is making. I recall hearing the way it was posed was they hire a bunch of people and the government tries to recruit those workers to pass technology back to them and to a Chinese business.

I don't think its a lack of law, just that the government wants to build as much technology know how at home as fast as possible. Industrial Espionage happens, its just there is a big push from the Chinese government. Kinda like how the US and Russia both scrambled to grab as many German scientists after WW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.