The Classiest Drive Enclosures You'll Ever See

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]pbrigido[/nom]See? This is what you get when you hire someone that hasn't worked since 1985.[/citation]
See? The type of comment you get from a 12 year old. The styleing is actually more 1930's.

I have to say that while these look ok (if it's your kind of thing) very few of us have that style of office/desk space, so I can only see a very limited appeal. I also wouldn't like to answer the question of 'Hunny, what are you up to?'... with... 'I'm giving my hard drive a polish'.

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
You must be young. Putting wood on virtually anything was HUGE in the 80s. Houses were finished with wood paneling and cars had it inside and out...as disturbing of a thought as it is.

serkol

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I like short jokes, like pbrigido wrote - good joke! I hate when some people take a good short joke and make a novel from it.

kriswitak

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
I could see this going in like an office that has nice natural wood shelves and a desk that has the same colors/wood, but other than that, it seems pretty pointless. It would definitely be a niche audience for sure. I'm sure there are some people out there that could make this work in their home.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]U know who this new writer person is?[/citation]

Yeah, Tom's gives him all the uninteresting news to fill the space. I think he is replacing Jane (or so it seems).

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]Yeah, Tom's gives him all the uninteresting news to fill the space. I think he is replacing Jane (or so it seems).[/citation]

Can't be ... jane wrote the news about twitter and china's firewall earlier ...

did notice that this particular writer has found the dullest of the news though .... but I suppose it's a start. Better than inventing your own news that you can't prove afterwards (remember tuans macs-are-as-cheap-as-normal-computers ?)

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]pbrigido[/nom]You must be young. Putting wood on virtually anything was HUGE in the 80s. Houses were finished with wood paneling and cars had it inside and out...as disturbing of a thought as it is.[/citation]

I was actually born in '79... guess we lived through different 80's. Mine was all about plastics, Ford Capri's and Granada's and giant mobile phones. Maybe you should go watch 'Only Fools and Horses'.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]SchizoFrog[/nom]I was actually born in '79... guess we lived through different 80's. Mine was all about plastics, Ford Capri's and Granada's and giant mobile phones. Maybe you should go watch 'Only Fools and Horses'.[/citation]

I had a granada a few years back, and I distinctly remember it having wood (or wannabewood at least) panels inside. Both doors and instrument panel in fact. Perhaps you don't remember the wood, but it was there. Want proof? google some images of any jag from the 80s

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
You people are ridiculous. You sit here and rag on his articles without even realizing, your ragging on his articles, that you just read, in the comments section of his articles. The guy has a job working for Tom's Hardware. Anyone ever heard of respect?

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
Call me posh, but I'd love to have this in a nice big Manor house in the British countryside. Would suit the decor.

Now, where do I inherit a manor from...

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]You people are ridiculous. You sit here and rag on his articles without even realizing, your ragging on his articles, that you just read, in the comments section of his articles. The guy has a job working for Tom's Hardware. Anyone ever heard of respect?[/citation]
I'm not sure what ragging means in your world, but I guess I can make an estimate.
If the writer finds this particular piece of news worthy of writing, he is very much welcome to the comments section in order to defend himself. Apparently he isn't very good at making dull news interesting, but perhaps he's got balls and will make the comments interesting at least.

Thing with respect is, that you start out without it, and have to earn it. He'll get there if he matches his news pieces to the reader base.

roleki

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Hrm. We clicked the link. We all read it, or, what passes for reading. Not sure why people have to be critical of everything, just for the sake of criticizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.