News The HomePod mini is now irrelevant — here’s why

Dec 12, 2020
Hey Mike;

Sorry.. I can’t agree.. You are missing one very critical aspect of the home speakers.. the only home speaker that provides the privacy/security necessary to have a place in my home is the Apple HomePod. Only HomePod and Siri provide smart speaker functionality without sending everything they hear across the internet for interpretation in the cloud. HomePod listens for “Hey Siri” and won’t send anything it hears prior to invoking Siri with the phrase. When you think of all the conversations that go on in an average home, I can’t think of anything more private. So.. I will stick with HomePod and Siri thank you! Given that HomePod mini is currently unavailable either by mail order or in the Apple stores and back ordered until the new year, I think I may have some company in that view.

Ray

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
I am an alexa user and also have google home devices. Just because they play apple music does not make the Homepods irrelevant. There are way too many apple fans that will keep this from happening. Apple just need to keep on updating and adding features.

TRENDING THREADS