The Lamp Powered by Algae & Photosynthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomD_1

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
While this is all very good research/tech, I don't really see the whole "solar powered lamp" thing catching on

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Great concept... Wonder if we can hook this directly to a coal stack?

Love the illustrations... giving them to my wife.

Fox Montage

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
it's ironic that Latro needs sustained access to light to generate its own

Requiring some form of energy source to the system is hardly ironic, unless you meant "this lamp can only be used when it's sunny". I thought the battery would charge during the day, and power the lamp when necessary?

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Keep up the alternative power articles. I for one enjoy them. Just keep the headlines true to the story though, unlike the iPhone-4-will-make-the-world-use-solarpowered-superrobots headline the other day. ;)

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]ubergeek[/nom]Remind me again why I need a lamp if there is enough light for photosynthesys...[/citation]

To confuse people?

See if you can make a lamp out of it now who's to say that photosynthesis powered car won't one day be feasible?

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Just in case someone out there doesn't get it yet, it's a proof of concept.

The end product isn't the lamp, it's proving that the algae can power devices. As far as the lamp goes, I have solar lamps in my yard that charge a battery, and when it get's dark, then power on.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
So am I expected to move the lamp indoors every day when I get home from work? Wouldn't a photosynthesis driven power plant make a lot more sense? We already have solar lights for outside. This is better how? Is it brighter?

Xatos

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I swear if I see one more stupid green technology concept on Tom's, sad to say but I'm going to boycott the site. This stuff is getting old and annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.