The Most Iconic Paper and Envelope Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I don't know about you guys, but I still write on paper all the time. I still haven't found a way that's halfway as efficient for taking notes in class.

Tablets and smartphones are a pain to type on. Netbooks/notebooks are better, but office apps don't match the flexibility of pen and paper and the battery is an issue at times.

But letters? I still write postcards, but real letters? Who does that anno 2010?

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I always write with a pen and paper, i did quit for a while, then i forgot cursive, there goes the 4th grade... anywho, in some cases, writing a letter can sometimes add a nice touch in this eWorld...

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]I don't know about you guys, but I still write on paper all the time. I still haven't found a way that's halfway as efficient for taking notes in class.[/citation]
It takes a while to get in to, but OneNote from MS Office is brilliant for notes and cross-referencing. For jotting stuff down, yeah pen and paper is still the best, but for full fledged note taking, for me it has to be OneNote now.

Back on topic, I like the design but that is the problem. I do not need to like paper for it to be useful. I would never send a proper letter on this paper as it is so unprofessional. If I am writing more casually... generally txts, FB and emails tend to get the job done. That is, if I can't be bothered to actually phone someone. lol

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]SchizoFrog[/nom]It takes a while to get in to, but OneNote from MS Office is brilliant for notes and cross-referencing. For jotting stuff down, yeah pen and paper is still the best, but for full fledged note taking, for me it has to be OneNote now.Back on topic, I like the design but that is the problem. I do not need to like paper for it to be useful. I would never send a proper letter on this paper as it is so unprofessional. If I am writing more casually... generally txts, FB and emails tend to get the job done. That is, if I can't be bothered to actually phone someone. lol[/citation]

OneNote is great, but regular pen and paper is still faster for quick note taking, especially in maths and science courses (try to insert a complex physics formula in OneNote as fast as you can scribble it down...).

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I barely have to write with a pen or pencil anymore other than signing my name. I was about to write a note to a colleague named Quincy, so I grabbed the pen and began to write his name in the top left of a post-it, when I realized that I dont remember how to write a cursive Q anymore. I switched from cursive to print for the note, but I had to look up how to write a cursive Q on Google.

G

Don't really understand this, back in the day envelopes and paper with black borders were funeral invitations to indicate someone had died...

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]I don't know about you guys, but I still write on paper all the time. I still haven't found a way that's halfway as efficient for taking notes in class. Tablets and smartphones are a pain to type on. Netbooks/notebooks are better, but office apps don't match the flexibility of pen and paper and the battery is an issue at times. But letters? I still write postcards, but real letters? Who does that anno 2010?[/citation]

I write letters to companies and occasionally my old relatives.

Agree about paper though, I love paper for designing applications, website designs and taking notes (if I ever bother to go to class)

Also, those are cool. I like this sort of concept, I'd love to see more things designed like that. Gives off a simplistic modern feel (none of this overly-shiny crap)

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Pen and paper is still effective because it instantly shows the recipient your respect for them, seeing as you spent the time and energy to write a letter, buy a stamp and mail it off.

In terms of relationship-building, a handwritten letter beats email any day.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
The diagonal lines should have been pixelated, kind of like those lame things people make the mistake of naming "8-bit' whatevers.

Status
Not open for further replies.