The new Sling TV up is so bad I want to cancel my subscription

Oct 26, 2021
I agree with most of the criticism here. Even though were probably talking about two different versions
I probably will be dropping Sling as soon as I research a replacement. I find the 'upgrade' to slow and painful to use
If there was a way to go back to the previous version, I would. But no. I posted the following in another thread on this subject

This latest "upgrade" has traded flash for functionality and made it painful to use. It seems to be quite a bit slower too, probably due to the flash itself.
Sling went from tolerable to worse. Since I upgraded to the new version late in October, I haven't had the chance to find a substitute but I will. Nov will be my last month on Sling unless they correct this blunder in the next 3 weeks.

BTW here's another thing that happening since the upgrade - only no sling - not on any of the other providers.
Tried to upload a photo of tv screen with error msg but it failed.
Problem is that when I start Sling first thing I get an error msg stating that there is no internet connection "Looks like there is a problem with your internet connection" Not True. It even shows this msg over the new Sling home page which I can still use to start a program ! After a while it goes away
Again - other providers do not have this problem, on Sling since the 'upgrade'

Rich 1944

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
Sling TV needs to fix its newly redesigned app, since recent changes have made it much harder to use.

The new Sling TV up is so bad I want to cancel my subscription : Read more
Go Back to Spectrum, you didn't know that they had Streaming only plans
Stream - 26 channels, I think plus all Broadcast including PBS for about the same price as Choice
Choice - of 10 channels from Select (a la carte) plus all broadcast for about $35 last time I checked
in some areas, Lifetime or something like that
or
Select, Silver or Gold streaming only at the $45 price first year plus whatever the broadcast charge is (probably $18)

Rich 1944

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
Go Back to Spectrum, you didn't know that they had Streaming only plans
Stream - 26 channels, I think plus all Broadcast including PBS for about the same price as Choice
Choice - of 10 channels from Select (a la carte) plus all broadcast for about $35 last time I checked
in some areas, Lifetime* or something like that
or
Select, Silver or Gold streaming only at the $45 price first year plus whatever the broadcast charge is (probably $18)
*Lifestyle

Rich 1944

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
Spectrum is an cable and internet provider in certain areas. The writer of this article wrote several on his quest to leave Charter Spectrum but he never looked at Spectrum for Streaming only plans

Oct 26, 2021
Thanks again.
I only have two a cable options here: 50mb ATT and Comcast (screwed)
I"m on ATT at the moment and the latest SING update is just about unusable.. It was ok prior to the update.
I'm looking into Spectrum.