The one Google Pixel 6 setting you need to change to get more battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2021
You should also disable window-level blur in developer settings, which prevents the GPU from spiking to 100% when swiping down the notification shade and a couple other areas. It is barely noticeable, as the background blurs only temporarily and the difference is purely cosmetic for what translates to decent battery gains. The Pixel 3 & 4 actually have this disabled by default

Reactions: Jono Void

WarWolverineWarrior

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2013
Sounds good. Doesn't work. Maybe update removed that option. Unlocked P6P on ATT and I don't see a way to disable 5Ge. And 5Ge is slower than 4G LTE-A on ATT.

Oct 30, 2021
"If you want better battery life on your pixel 6, get a pixel 4 instead".

The advice here is a bit daft. Aside from it not working on Fi, in my area, T-mobile has very good 5G coverage, but absolute crap 4G coverage.

Oct 31, 2021
"Turning off 5G on Google's phone is a really simple process..."
The commenters are disagreeing. And what would the battery time be on 4G?

Nov 3, 2021
Sounds good. Doesn't work. Maybe update removed that option. Unlocked P6P on ATT and I don't see a way to disable 5Ge. And 5Ge is slower than 4G LTE-A on ATT.
I have the same problem on my Pixel 6 pro, AT&T, ESIM, no preferred networks option in the settings, only way to change to 4G LTE is by calling ##4636## and changing the network there, but that sucks, like why do I have to a call a phone number to change my preferred network, the phone battery is suffering when connected to 5G, did you find any fix for that ?

Nov 21, 2021
This doesn't work at all with a pixel 6 on Google Fi. 'Preferred Network Settings' doesn't even exist within the settings. To those replying about turning it off for battery life... I want to turn it off because the 5G service is terrible. Has nothing to do with battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.