The one hidden Chromecast with Google TV feature I wish I knew earlier

Moose and Squirrel

Banned
BANNED
Mar 12, 2022
That's about the same arrangement that you'll get with non google versions of android tv.

For example, the native sony android tv or shield tv interface.

I just made the same switch myself, after finding that there were some shows/services that I like that I was never getting to, because the content didn't make the google tv "home" tab.

The two that stand out to me service-wise whose content never seemed to appear on the home tab that often are netflix and apple tv+.

CajunMoses

Distinguished
May 12, 2016
The author's approach doesn't make any sense at all. Google TV has a "Your Apps" row just under the top row. The order of the apps on that row can be easily rearranged. That's what everyone else does. This is a very good lesson on how using Apple products will severely corrupt and cripple your brain. Let's hope that it's reversible.

jeffchapmanjc

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2012
The number 1 problem with this option is it also disables Google Assistant. So, no more asking GA to help you find something or control your smart home devices, etc.

May 29, 2022
A lot of people seem to like the adds. I'm not one of them. I can find what I want to watch without any "assistance". I use a custom launcher. There are several out there, like Wolf, that you can find with a little digging.

TRENDING THREADS