The option to select "none" is not available for me to remove password to unlock screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The option to select "none" in not available for me to remove password to unlock screen

G

It's already set up. I'm trying to undo the lock needing a password. The "NONE" option is grayed out not allowing me to click on it

G

i absolutely know my PIN number, but I still can't undo the PIN I set to unlock my screen. The option that says "NONE" is greyed out and not an option for me to click on.

G

What does this mean when I'm trying to remove my PIN that unlocks my screen? The "NONE" is greyed out!!!

"Turned off by administrator encryption policy or credential storage"

Ahh I see. You have that error.

1. Go to "Security".
2. Scroll down and locate "Encryption". From here you can decrypt the device. This will allow you to also fix "Disabled by administrator", "encryption policy" and/or "credential storage".

NOTE: If your device is encrypted, you will be asked to enter your PIN again and again.

3. Now tap “Device Administrators” and uncheck any box you see.

This should fix the "Disabled by administrator" error.

G

G

Nothing is checked when I click on "Device Aministrators"
Also under "Encrption" it says:
"Password required to DECRUPT each time you turn it on"

I clicked on it but stopped when I saw it was giving me the option to click on... "ENCRYPT DEVICE" and that it would take an hour or so to finish.

I thought what I was trying to do was to DECRYPT the device?

This is soooo frustrating.
Also earlier trying to solve the issue myself, I changed unlocking it from using a "PIN" to unlocking it with a "PASSWORD" I created

Now I can't get rid of the locked with PASSWORD!!

G

Ok finally I did it!! Yay! I went to "Clear Credentials" and clicked on "Remove All Certificates". That cleared everything and "ungreyed EVERYTHING" on the lock screen set up enabling me to select "NONE" which was no longer greyed out. Thank YOU soo much for your patience in trying to help me. I really appreciate it! ;-)

Reactions: Alexis Martial

kattluv1974

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017

qazpac

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018

Go to Settings > Security (Lock Screen & Security on some devices) > Other Security Settings > then scroll down until you see Clear Credentials.
It may be slightly different on every device however you should still be able to find it.
If your settings allows you to search then just search for "Credentials".
Hope it helped
~D

petrumantu798

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018

Thanks for your help i i had teh same problem but i fixed it thanks to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.