Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]DreadSi[/nom]Um, Isn't that a copywrighted logo?[/citation]
Isn't it free advertising for Google?

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008

You could always change the logo to Goofle, so far as i can see there's no copyright protection for that name.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
I don't think you'd be really profiting from it, so it probably comes under fair usage, it could even count as a parody. It's more of an ad for Google.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]You could always change the logo to Goofle, so far as i can see there's no copyright protection for that name.[/citation]

That defeats the whole purpose of the card. The point is they are supposed to look you up on google. not Goofle. You notice how there is none of his information except whats in the search box.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
I dread to think how these cards printed out - 72dpi screen caps and graphics don't work on 300dpi printed business cards.

Can if "Mister Jalopy" spent the time recreating the Google logo just for printing then methinks he could better direct his energies.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Especially fail as his search engine ranking seems to have slipped - most of the search results are about this damn business card, and misterjalopy.com is 2nd to "Hoopty Rides" (which I misread as "Hooty Rides" and immediately assumed to be adult content).

Wasted effort it seems, and may ultimately bite him in the ass.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Personally, I prefer than my name doesn't have an online presence. I may be a bit paranoid, but I don't want just anybody searching for information about me. Alternatively though, you could make your website password protected and put a guest password on the card. You could even have a unique password for every card so you can track who has gone to your site.

G

Most people who ask for your business card want a quick reference to your personal contact information that they can carry in their wallet. Having to go to a computer and look up your name (which is what they'd expect to do if they didn't have your card) is a waste of time.

Not only that, but if you have the `Google` logo plastered on your card, people will think you are affiliated with them in some way. This could cause confusion or end up hurting you rather than helping. It's also not very professional if you are trying to leave a good impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.