Question the problem with connecting the monitor to the laptops

Dec 24, 2022
Hello! I ran into this problem: I used to play on a laptop connected to an external monitor. You probably know that when you connect an external monitor to a laptop, performance increases (a discrete graphics card is directly connected to the monitor). it was the same with the last laptop. I recently changed my laptop and when I connect an external monitor, it connects to the built-in video card. thus, the performance does not increase, as it was with the last laptop.

Hello! I ran into this problem: I used to play on a laptop connected to an external monitor. You probably know that when you connect an external monitor to a laptop, performance increases (a discrete graphics card is directly connected to the monitor). it was the same with the last laptop. I recently changed my laptop and when I connect an external monitor, it connects to the built-in video card. thus, the performance does not increase, as it was with the last laptop.

It won't always increase, it depends on how the system is setup. On my MSI gaming laptop the speed in games is the same using HDMI as the built in screen, providing I am using the same resolution and refresh rate.
Check what video card the system is using in the control panel of the video card drivers.