The Quest for The Best Video Editing Laptop. Is the MacBook Pro truly the best option on the market?

JordanPifer

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
I am in need of a powerful laptop to edit videos as i run a YouTube channel which provides action videos (Primarily skating). Is the Macbook Pro truly the best choice, and if not, what alternatives are there on the market currently?

Jonas Magnusson

Estimable
Nov 7, 2014
You need one with a beefy Processor and 8-32GB of RAM to make it go fast and easy.
These spec are easier with windows computers. I've never owned a mac pc but windows is perfect for me.
If you choose a windows pc i recommend windows movie maker, sony vegas and wondershare video editor.

andybob

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014

STFLightning

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
MacBook Pro is good for video editing, probably the best Laptop for it. You want to spec it up a bit though if you're planning on some really intensive things, but for 1080p my MacBook Air handles it fine with an i7 and 8GB RAM so for a video editing MacBook Pro I'd recommend you upgrading to the i7 with 16 GB RAM build. iMovie works fine for editing if you aren't up for spending money, but Final Cut Pro is the way to go if you have the cash to spend.