The Samsung GT-I9250 is the Next Nexus Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

LauRoman

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]On screen you mean? 1080P on a 4" screen you really wouldn't see the difference.[/citation]
Actually th screen is 480p if the screen is indeed WVGA

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]amdwilliam1985[/nom]We need higher resolutions...[/citation]
I agree.
But the Super AMOLED Plus panel makes up for it, it's very crisp ,colorful, vibrant and visible in the daylight.
While the qHD screens have washed out colors.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I will repeat the previous, what is the point in having higher on-screen resolutions for a 4" screen when the naked eye really can't tell the difference.

If they actually gave you a 720p screen they would charge a lot more for zero actual benefit.

1080p output to a connected monitor or TV I can understand because something that big will benefit.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I'm sure this will be a nifty phone, but it looks exactly like the Galaxy S 2 on paper. Until screen resolution increases my Nexus one will do just fine.

As for the screen resolution issue. You don't need higher resolution for the benefit of your eye's, but it sure is useful if you do a lot of RDP work, or want to watch that HD video you just recorded without scaling, or want to say "mine's bigger then yours" :)

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]..."mine's bigger then yours"[/citation]

Do you mean, "mine's bigger then yours is bigger"? "mine is bigger thAn yours"?

stonedatheist

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]That is the real reason, just to say you have it[/citation]

Just because you don't see the benefit of a higher resolution display doesn't mean that applies for everybody. I know I can see the benefit of my 540p screen over these shitty 480p screens and the jump to 720p is an even greater leap in resolution. Though, I'd say resolutions beyond that is just silly for currently used screen sizes.

The screen is really disappointing, I'm so glad I didn't wait for this.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Is it just me or has the Nexus phones lagged behind the top-tier devices in the Android system? As far as I know the LG Optimus 2x had much, much higher performance than the Nexus S.

Filiprino

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
[citation][nom]The screen is really disappointing, I'm so glad I didn't wait for this.[/citation]
Actually, the resolution cited on this news is a place holder. On that file also appears that the CPU is an ARM11, which is obviously wrong. The only correct thing is the model, GT-I9250.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I've had it in for Samsung for quite some time now since I've had quite a few products go whakky on me from their mobile phone to pc parts. In fact every single product I got from them had something go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.