Solved! the sims 4

Solution
The 8GB of RAM seem a little low since you want as much short-term memory with the Sims as you can get. The way someone explained it to me is that RAM is 'volatile' memory or in laymen's terms, it maintains data/information ONLY while it is receiving power, but it is this information which drives your programs.

The 3.6GHz (processor speed) and 512 SSD are sweet for the price. The faster a processor is, technically, the faster your system will be because it is what takes information from the RAM and 'processes' it. The faster it does this, of course, the better. Even if you have TONS of RAM, if your processor is slow, you won't really have a fast system. Again, conversely, RAM is what our systems use to ACCESS something...

OhGod

Commendable
Feb 17, 2020
The 8GB of RAM seem a little low since you want as much short-term memory with the Sims as you can get. The way someone explained it to me is that RAM is 'volatile' memory or in laymen's terms, it maintains data/information ONLY while it is receiving power, but it is this information which drives your programs.

The 3.6GHz (processor speed) and 512 SSD are sweet for the price. The faster a processor is, technically, the faster your system will be because it is what takes information from the RAM and 'processes' it. The faster it does this, of course, the better. Even if you have TONS of RAM, if your processor is slow, you won't really have a fast system. Again, conversely, RAM is what our systems use to ACCESS something QUICKLY, so they go hand-in hand. I think it is Wiki (or somewhere else) where I read that the RAM is how big the size of the desk is. The processor is the person sitting at the desk. Ergo, the bigger the desk, the more productive the person at the desk can be. The better the person at the desk is, the better the RAM is utilized.

As for the video card, remember that a great video card is almost a NECESSITY when speaking about a good gaming system. You'd be surprised what a difference one makes.

All that said, as a Sims 4 player and cc creator, I can say that this laptop would be "sufficient" for a decent playing experience, but not where you could run the game at its best settings and be overjoyed with it. Also, you need to take into consideration things that affect the game such as whether you play with mods and custom content. If you don't, then yes, this makes this system a more appropriate contender, but if you do play with cc and mods, and the more cc and mods you play with, the stronger a system you want.

Last edited:
Solution