The Smallest Digicam on Retail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
While 3 megapixels and 1280x960 avi's arent too bad for something that's roughly the size of a 9V battery, I wonder what the quality of the photos and video looks like. If they're clear and have good quality, it'd be neat, but grainy low quality photos with poor color aren't very useful. I'm curious to see some samples of what it does.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]cscott_it[/nom]Too small. I mean, outside of novelty I don't see any real use for this thing.[/citation]
*cough* .... *cough*... hidden pr0n cam *cough*

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
This is very cute, but too expensive.

Phone cams are generally pure crap, regardless of specs. So the question is does this tiny cam give images like a real cam or like a phone cam?

3MP is plenty for a good 4x6 print, IF the lens and sensor are up to it. If the lens and sensor are too cheap, then no matter how many MP you have you won't get a good pic.

michaelzehr

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Smaller and with higher resolution than the FlyCamOne, a camera used by model airplane and rocket hobbyists, and also advertised as a kite cam. I don't see the weight listed (which is crucial for rocket applications). One plus the flycamone has is the ability to set it to continuous record prior to flight/launch. If it weighs 1oz or less it would be nice to see a version with the continuous record. (There are also cyclists that use helmet mounted cams to record rides and races.)

2zao

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
how is that "smaller than an eraser" i don't ever remember using an eraser that size... its more like double the size of an eraser... which is still extremely small

zaixionito

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
[citation][nom]Dirtman73[/nom]$150 is not a "very reasonable price" for this thing. It looks like a cheap-ass disposable camera.[/citation]

Under $50, I will laugh at it, but think it is reasonably priced. Over $149, I will laugh at it, and think it is insanely priced.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
That's cool as long as it makes actual 3 megapixel photos and not super craptastic 3 megapixel photos like my Ericsson makes. I get a lot better photo out of a 5 year old 2 megapixel camera which eats a lot of AA batteries than a lot of these new tiny gadgets.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]cscott_it[/nom]Too small. I mean, outside of novelty I don't see any real use for this thing.[/citation]

That's what she said.

Epic win.

G

My phone doesn't have a camera, and something like this would be great for taking spur-of-the-moment pictures since I can easily carry it around in my pocket.

Unfortunately the price is just too high. My regular-sized, 10-megapixel camera with a 3" inch display was only ~$80. Drop the price of this miniature to ~$40 or less, and I'll be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.