The Tiniest MP3 Player Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah.... I was given an iPod Shuffle for free (only reason I own one). I'm fairly certain it's smaller. ;) Plus it has a built in clip to hold it to your shirt/pants.

ceejer

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
kube: "less than one inch high." We'll give them the benefit of the doubt and call it 0.8", corresponding to a volume of 0.512 in^3. The latest ipod shuffle is 1.8"x0.7"x0.3", corresponding to a volume of 0.378 in^3. So this is likely at least 35% larger than the ipod shuffle, and probably more considering the ambiguity of 'less than one inch.'

sirmorluk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I bought 3 of these for X-Mas gifts 2 years ago for $20 apiece.
They were the first version with only 2GB non discreet memory built in and no slot. meh they were good for stocking stuffers.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
How is something over two years old 'news'???
and Being incorrect also
[citation][nom]ceejer[/nom]kube: "less than one inch high." We'll give them the benefit of the doubt and call it 0.8", corresponding to a volume of 0.512 in^3. The latest ipod shuffle is 1.8"x0.7"x0.3", corresponding to a volume of 0.378 in^3. So this is likely at least 35% larger than the ipod shuffle, and probably more considering the ambiguity of 'less than one inch.'[/citation]

atmos929

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]Yeah.... I was given an iPod Shuffle for free (only reason I own one). I'm fairly certain it's smaller. Plus it has a built in clip to hold it to your shirt/pants.[/citation]
Not really designed for running. I returned one because sweat gets inside through the cable hole and started short circuiting the middle button which does play/pause, skip, title "shout" depending on the number of times you press it... so imagine running and suddenly it starts changing tracks and shouting song titles out of the blue. It's almost like they did not foresee that such small size would make the Shuffle a nice option for exercise, and completely forgot about isolation from humidity.

So anyway, yes, I think shuffle is smaller (although useless) xD

G

I was about to say, ever had a cube that size in your pocket? corners will hurt, it just plain won't work unless you get an external way of holding it. Idea is cool except for practicality. Apparently they just want to be different.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
They don't have a model showing off the cube on her tongue... So no, I am not interested and the iPod shuffle is still the world's smallest MP3 player.

(in case you don't get the joke, about 4 years ago a company called Mobiblue showed off a very similar MP3 player, with a far far FAR more attractive model in the promo pics)

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
There was a wrong word in the leadline: 'Tiniest' was supposed to be '2nd Smallest' There is no question that an iPod shuffle is smaller. Who missed that one? I guess, at lease, there was a question mark at the end of the headline (the answer is No, by the way).

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
What is really sad is the fact that this product is not only a huge fail but this article isn't even news its a inaccurate advertisement just look on how its written. Just look at the whole first paragraph.

Don't try to sell advertisements as news. It's both unprofessional and pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.