The 'Unhackable' Swiss Army Knife USB Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamick88

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
"One step is fingerprint identification that's attached to a thermal sensor – so that the finger alone, detached from the body, will still not give access to the memory stick’s contents."

Umm... couldn't you just warm the detached finger up a little? You know, stick it under your armpit or something? lol

Hothr

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
Makes the "gummy bear impression" method harder. But heating up a severed finger seems plausible.
Until I have top secret clearance, this will probably be good enough for me.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]Breaking news:The unhackable swiss army USB stick has been hacked.[/citation]

It's only a matter of time. :lol:

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Every 6 months i see on the news the new "unhackable" something... then, 6 months later down the track, i see on the same news how they managed to exploit a "minor" bug and make it hackable...

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
[citation][nom]gamebrigada[/nom]Not hard to hack. Take a couple needles and heat them and poke em through the plastic to push down on the sensors, or if that doesn't work, push em down into contacts to hardware hack it. You might go through a few drives before you figure out the way to do it. Nothing is impossible to hack, some things just require a lot more work then others.[/citation]

okay, if they are willing to give out $150k if somebody cracks this, im pretty sure they have thought of that....idiot.

pluripotent

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
It's probably only USB 2.0. They will need to come out with a 3.0 version, since this one will be dated soon after it is bought.

G

On a side note, can it survive getting wet?
I mean, security aside, my swiss army knives go through hell.
Is it sturdy?

G

This unit would have to be part of your checked baggage if you fly, otherwise the TSA will take it away from you before you board your flight.

G

Not to split hairs, but hacking implies without a severed fingered cut by you, from the owner (lord knows what you did to the owner) and heated to the proper temperature.

I'm not sure what they call that, but you wouldn't have to be my cousin vinny to argue that's a bit more than hacking. ;>)

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
[citation][nom]gamebrigada[/nom]In 2 hours hacking something new is pretty much impossible. Plus, I greatly doubt anybody had the resources to do something like that in 2 hours. Your calling the wrong guy the idiot.[/citation]

yeah.....but if somebody steals the drive and takes it home they're going to have longer than 2 hours to crack it. the product is designed for permanent security, not just 2 hours.

and you're right, you're the idiot.

Icehearted

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
You guys realize this officially means nerds will be armed, right? Bully's beware...

....right after I finish backing up my data.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]tamick88[/nom]"One step is fingerprint identification that's attached to a thermal sensor – so that the finger alone, detached from the body, will still not give access to the memory stick’s contents." Umm... couldn't you just warm the detached finger up a little? You know, stick it under your armpit or something? lol[/citation]

yep

would of been more effective with some type of heartbeat sensor...

Status
Not open for further replies.