The Universal Android Rooting Tool is Androot

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
now i know that when i get my first android device, i'll just visit that site right away and get all that telstra crap off the phone.. even if i buy it outright it's still branded telstra here.. (for the HTC Desire)

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
yup, but came from a company who is actually getting paid to build them.

Not some Idontknowwho, who just want to leech some financial info.

and i just checked my phone is a motorola droid, and is was not build in china..
sorry.. (it said mexico)

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]now i know that when i get my first android device, i'll just visit that site right away and get all that telstra crap off the phone.. even if i buy it outright it's still branded telstra here.. (for the HTC Desire)[/citation]

Unfortunately it doesn't support the HTC Desire, nor the Wildfire, Legend, Evo 4G or Aria. Guess it's not "universal" enough...

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]aracheb[/nom]from china?no thanks..[/citation]

[citation][nom]liveonc[/nom]That's where your Android phone came from ;-)[/citation]

Never trust a piece of software that was DESIGNED in China.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Never trust a piece of software that was DESIGNED in China.[/citation]I agree..
A rooted android is just too open for a chinese app.. No, thanks. I'll continue to use old methods.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Unfortunately with POS AT&T, seeing as how you cannot install non market apps to begin with, this wont work. And with that setting getting more and more popular with carriers, it makes the app moot.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
iv been using this for about a month now on my milestone (droid) it works great and is the simplest root app possible, the interface just says [ROOT] [UNROOT]
2 buttons 1 decision...

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]RicardoK[/nom]I agree..A rooted android is just too open for a chinese app.. No, thanks. I'll continue to use old methods.[/citation]

I love this US rational thinking always allowing new bossinesses to grow! I will take the code, rewrite it, sign it with western name and sell it for $$ in US! I am sure I am gonna have many customers like this as far as I can prove I am not Chinese aka not living in China.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]mcvf[/nom]If I root the phone and then reset it, do I get original factory (unrooted) settings/environment back?[/citation]

i dont think so, you can just [UNROOT] first then reset, you'll be back to original factory settings for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.