The World According to Facebook Relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
"Of course, though this is a very nice picture, there are some noticeable inaccuracies. Looking at this map, for example, one would think Russia didn't exist at all."

It's not an inaccuracy, the map is not a map of countries, it shows a map of the people who use facebook. The intent of the map has to be to show countries for it to be inaccurate if Russia isn't present. That's like saying that a Map of the United States is in accurate because it does not show Canada.

G

Interesting :)

It looks like there is a Phoenix on the left

and in the middle it looks like a Griffin or possibly a Chinese Dragon

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]Russia and China... Where are you?[/citation]
too busy Censoring Free speech online.

Alot of the Chinese use 人人网 (Renren) Online. which looks alot like facebook in Chinese.

GeoMan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
People keep saying that Russia and China not showing on this map is a glitch and it’s probably not. Russia has its own very popular social networks Vokntakte and Orkut so Facebook usage is pretty low and China is behind the Great Firewall and as been said before has its own social networking sights. Just goes to show that the whole world doesn’t speak English and use Facebook :)

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Still not a member. /raises glass

Too busy with my social life ie. my real one like going outside and actually meeting friends, possibly on a real farm if I wanted too! Best part is, the only things anyone know about me is what I tell them, not what some toss pot has decided he now owns and felt the desire to give to anyone and everyone to fill his greedy little pockets.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]"Of course, though this is a very nice picture, there are some noticeable inaccuracies. Looking at this map, for example, one would think Russia didn't exist at all."It's not an inaccuracy, the map is not a map of countries, it shows a map of the people who use facebook. The intent of the map has to be to show countries for it to be inaccurate if Russia isn't present. That's like saying that a Map of the United States is in accurate because it does not show Canada.[/citation]

You have to look close but Canada is there. I would guess that 80% to 90% of Canada's population lives within a 6 hour drive of the US border. Canada also has about 1/10 of the US's population. These two points would explain why it seems that Canada is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.