News These 3 photos convinced me Galaxy S22 Ultra cameras can’t beat Pixel 6 Pro

Paradroid888

Prominent
Mar 7, 2020
I really want the Pixels to do well because Samsung needs the competition, but to my eyes, almost all Pixel 6 Pro photos look yellowish and artificial. There's no way I'd choose the P6P over the S22U for the camera.

Mar 2, 2022
Interesting analysis. Strangely enough, the fountain and cityscape images shown here were the two in particular (from the S22 review) that made me choose it over the pixel 6 pro. The HDR processing is absolute overkill on those two shots. I agree on the portrait, and dislike blown highlights in general... But high contrast scenes should be high contrast.

Mar 3, 2022
I have neither of these phones but these fake drama comparisons irritate me. In the first photo there is an entire building not included in the s22 photo so framing is not accurate. In the others, anyone who knows enough about photography can adjust exposure very easily whereas the extreme hdr- reminiscent of an iPhone from 2011 - cannot be edited out post pro.

Mar 3, 2022
I certainly would not say that. Yes I agree on the light thing but the fountain photo an the city photo you can see far more detail with the s22 ultra. On the fountain look how much better the water coming off the fountain looks, you cannot even see the water droplets on the Google 6. An in the city the buildings with writing don't look as clear as the s22 either. Honestly this forum kind of is a joke. The s22 took better pictures in detail other than the portrait picture.

Mar 3, 2022
I'd say your wrong on multiple levels. Yes the Google 6 is better with the lighting wow cool, the s22 picture of both the fountain and the city has far better detailed photos. For instance look at the Google photo you cannot even see the water droplets coming off the fountain, which you can see clearly on the s22. Also in the city the writing on the building is more blury an not as detailed as the s22.

Mar 5, 2022
I really want the Pixels to do well because Samsung needs the competition, but to my eyes, almost all Pixel 6 Pro photos look yellowish and artificial. There's no way I'd choose the P6P over the S22U for the camera.
I call it the iPhone effect. Everything is yellow

BrodaFett

Honorable
Mar 8, 2016
I honestly agree with the author. I have the 22 Ultra and so far have big time buyers remorse. I switched from the 21 Ultra to the Fold 3, but I honestly thought the 21 Ultra took better photos than this new galaxy phone. My wife has the iPhone 13 pro max and her photos are generally better than the ones I've taken with the 22 Ultra so far. Hey I can take moonshots and she can't so I guess that's something. Between the camera being less of an upgrade than everyone was led to believe, and Samsung cheating for higher Geekbench scores I have a very strong feeling I will be selling this phone and giving OnePlus a shot at the end of the month. I figure at least that phone charges twice as fast, and can take photos at least in the same ballpark as the pixel and galaxy. If I don't like it then I'll switch to the iPhone 14 when it comes out. One thing for sure if I ever have to deal with Samsung's pathetic customer support again it will be way too soon. I've already switched to Garmin watches and Sony buds and barring some earth shattering update by the end of the month this galaxy 22 Ultra will be next on the sale/trade block.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2022
I honestly agree with the author. I have the 22 Ultra and so far have big time buyers remorse. I switched from the 21 Ultra to the Fold 3, but I honestly thought the 21 Ultra took better photos than this new galaxy phone. My wife has the iPhone 13 pro max and her photos are generally better than the ones I've taken with the 22 Ultra so far. Hey I can take moonshots and she can't so I guess that's something. Between the camera being less of an upgrade than everyone was led to believe, and Samsung cheating for higher Geekbench scores I have a very strong feeling I will be selling this phone and giving OnePlus a shot at the end of the month. I figure at least that phone charges twice as fast, and can take photos at least in the same ballpark as the pixel and galaxy. If I don't like it then I'll switch to the iPhone 14 when it comes out. One thing for sure if I ever have to deal with Samsung's pathetic customer support again it will be way too soon. I've already switched to Garmin watches and Sony buds and barring some earth shattering update by the end of the month this galaxy 22 Ultra will be next on the sale/trade block.
'Honestly'? 😂