These Are Things the Verizon iPhone 4 Can't Do

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm pretty sure they are getting with the 21st century. That's why they are rolling out there LTE network ahead of AT&T.

lnricha

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
I'm surprised that Apple in all its ease of use hasn't made the phone automatically inject the *67 and *70 for you based on the phone settings.

lnricha

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
I'm surprised that Apple in all its ease of use hasn't made the phone automatically inject the *67 and *70 for you based on the phone settings.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
They forgot to mention the fact that you can actually make phone calls on the Verizon network as apposed to having your calls dropped every few minutes on AT&T.

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
GSM is great for the world traveler however If you are in the broadcast industry and handle alot of audio you hear the GSM chirps pain in the ass if you are on a conference call on a landline - lets not talk about the audio artifacts left over while doing a voice over.

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Glad I never jumped on the iPhone fan-bandwagon, just another example, IMO, of a reason to avoid Apple products. I believe that Android phones have surpassed the iPhone in all respects.

While CDMA and Verizon do offer better call quality, generally speaking, than AT&T, the rest of the known world uses GSM. Although, when you are in an area with full AT&T coverage, there are no issues with call quality or data speeds.

Kills me because rather than being able to just swap out a SIM every time I upgrade a phone, I have to play games with customer service to swap phone number and activate the phone with Verizon. I prefer GSM simply because you can just swap the SIM and keep going.

There was rumor of making a CDMA compatible SIM card floating around the internetz but can't see Verizon riding that train.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I love my $70 dumbphone.
Battery lasts me a week, has survived several crashes into both concrete and steel plates, and I have never dropped a call in the time I've had it. My phone tells me I have made over 1200 calls since I activated it.
if I want to play a game or listen to music, I have different devices for those.

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]Travis Beane[/nom]I love my $70 dumbphone.Battery lasts me a week, has survived several crashes into both concrete and steel plates, and I have never dropped a call in the time I've had it. My phone tells me I have made over 1200 calls since I activated it.if I want to play a game or listen to music, I have different devices for those.[/citation]

But can it play Crysis.....

snurp85

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
maybe i am missing something... Can you really not put someone on hold if you have verizon???? Seriously? What happens when you get a call when you are on the phone?

Why dont they have this simple feature? This seems like it would be a major problem. I wonder why it is never publicized. Glad I didnt go with verizon.

soky602

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]utengineer[/nom]But can it play Crysis.....[/citation]
Its a good thing that he/she has different devices for that.

G

Hold worked fine on my old LG from Verizon, I'd say most of these problems are rooted in the iPhone itself, I've receaved my verizon iPhone on Feb 7th and have found MANY of the features I took for granted on my old moto droid are just plain NOT posable with my new overpriced toy.

iboomer

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
[citation][nom]chunkymonster[/nom]Glad I never jumped on the iPhone fan-bandwagon, just another example, IMO, of a reason to avoid Apple products. I believe that Android phones have surpassed the iPhone in all respects.While CDMA and Verizon do offer better call quality, generally speaking, than AT&T, the rest of the known world uses GSM. Although, when you are in an area with full AT&T coverage, there are no issues with call quality or data speeds. Kills me because rather than being able to just swap out a SIM every time I upgrade a phone, I have to play games with customer service to swap phone number and activate the phone with Verizon. I prefer GSM simply because you can just swap the SIM and keep going. There was rumor of making a CDMA compatible SIM card floating around the internetz but can't see Verizon riding that train.[/citation]

I love the GSM fanboi's. I just need to swapp my sim card... it is too hard to deal with a cdma... blah blah blah

On verizon, it is as simple as picking up the phone that you want, and dialing *228, and punching in you phone number. Takes about the same amount of time as your sim card. There is no need to contact customer service, unless you happen to be a complete blithering idiot.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]iboomer[/nom]I love the GSM fanboi's. I just need to swapp my sim card... it is too hard to deal with a cdma... blah blah blahOn verizon, it is as simple as picking up the phone that you want, and dialing *228, and punching in you phone number. Takes about the same amount of time as your sim card. There is no need to contact customer service, unless you happen to be a complete blithering idiot.[/citation]
How about swapping an international SIM card and get an entirely different int phone number? What would you dial now on the Verizon network? An unlock GSM phone can do that in seconds. *haha*

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
they forgot to mention you can not browse the web and be on a phone call at the same time with verizon.
so much for picking movies and restraunts out with friends and loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.