ThinkGeek in Trouble for Selling Unicorn Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
apologized to the National Pork Board for both the misunderstanding and "for their awkward extended pause on the phone after we had explained our unicorn meat doesn't actually exist."

EPIC!

jojesa

Distinguished
Discounted or not I would never buy any food products from a company that does not know the difference between unicorn and pork meat.
Who knows if they are really selling pork meat.
Did they really believe they were selling unicorn meat?
What a bunch of morons!

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
"It was never our intention to cause a national crisis and misguide American citizens regarding the differences between the pig and the unicorn"

HAHAHAHAHA!!! dumb.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Of **** off already. It's a joke, let them have their fun without being ******** about it.

*Post edited by moderator* Cool it on the language.

FUtomNOreg

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
Aside from the fact that satire is constitutionally protected speech, horse meat is illegal to sell for human consumption in most, if not all, jurisdictions in the US. Besides, that looks more like corned beef than Spam.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]FUtomNOreg[/nom]Aside from the fact that satire is constitutionally protected speech, horse meat is illegal to sell for human consumption in most, if not all, jurisdictions in the US. Besides, that looks more like corned beef than Spam.[/citation]
Quite a shame. Luckily it's only taboo here, not illegal. I could have have some fat horse steaks with my father, but my mother would kill us both...

Awesome in ThinkGeek's behalf. I checked out their site though, and I didn't find a single item that I though would be worth throwing down some cash and using that coupon for though. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.