Discussion Thinkpad Power LED Blinks and then disappears, No Display

Jan 23, 2021
I've got a thinkpad L410, which doesn't turn on....
Well here's the full story,
One morning i woke up... tried turning on my thinkpad and noticed it wasn't turning on, i tried re-seating the ram... that didnt work out, i tried changing the ram, that didn't work too. so i opened that thing up and tried to investigate further... nothing seemed to be wrong at the first glance, the motherboard was fine... i also cleaned the dust off the motherboard, and also changed the CPU but that didn't work too... i put the laptop back together and it was just doing that same thing again and again, then i noticed that the power LED blinks for a second and the fan spins for some time... so i tried the charger method. basically i plugged the charger in and kept the power button pressed for more than a minute or so.... after that i plugged the charger into my wall socket and it powered on just fine but the date was wrong... so i thought it was the cmos battery, REPLACED THAT TOO.... still after that it gave me the same blinking power LED, i'm trying to find a fix for it for MORE THAN 2 YEARS... I've got some hope left and just wanna save that guy from ending up in the trash...
i think its a power issue or smth like that....
please help, ive got a lil bit more than average knowledge in computers, if u feel like u know the fix please reply.
i've done all the basic stuff like changing the power adapter brick, but you know... it didn't help at all.
if you've encountered an issue like this and have found a fix, please reply...
it turns on occasionally when u clear all the power and do reset but other than that it doesn't work...
Specs:
Intel Celeron P4500
4GB PC3 10600 Ram (2x2GB)
Intel (R) 45 Chipset
250GB WD Blue Sata HDD

Awaiting a Reply.... : )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 3
A Laptop General Discussion 2
L Laptop General Discussion 4
Shuja Ahmed Laptop General Discussion 1