Solved! Thinkpad T420 Displaying Yellow as Olive Drab

Stars7

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
I'm having a problem with my T420 display adapter projecting the yellow color as olive drab on both the computer screen and an external monitor. Other colors including white seem just fine. I've searched on-line for options to consider and have tried most without a solution. It's a Lenovo Thinkpad T420-PC, Model 4236VZR with Intel HD Graphics 3000 Display Adapter. Software is Windows 10 Pro. I do have a docking station, but tried both the computer's and the docking station's Display Adapter ports as well as replaced the cable and the yellow is still olive drab. I also connected our Chromebook with an HTML cable to the external Samsung 4K monitor, and all colors are good, so it seems not to be the cable or the external monitor. I've tried different Windows display color settings without luck.
What might be causing this oddity?

I just searched for a means to change or bypass the internal Display Adapter, and found the Tom's Guide Forum Post on "How To Install And Setup An EXP GDC Beast External Graphics Card Dock On Your Laptop." Might the EXP GPC Laptop External PCI-E Graphics Card Dock as a possible option? It seems better to use the existing internal card, but would this be a good consideration if other options don't work?

Solution
Have you tried updating the drivers?

Also, try right clicking on the desktop background and then click "Graphics Properties". It should launch the "Intel Graphics Control Panel". Make sure you choose the option to open it as "Advanced". You can then change the options for the display to see if it is just a setting or not.
Have you tried updating the drivers?

Also, try right clicking on the desktop background and then click "Graphics Properties". It should launch the "Intel Graphics Control Panel". Make sure you choose the option to open it as "Advanced". You can then change the options for the display to see if it is just a setting or not.

Solution