Question ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 - Gets stuck in sleep mode

mbressman

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
I'm going a bit out of my mind with this problem - any help is appreciated. I have a ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 that was previously running Win10 Enterprise (just upgraded to Win11 Enterprise to see if that helped resolve issue, and it did not). When the laptop goes into sleep mode, it often times seems to get stuck in that mode. The power button light on the side blinks as if you can click it to wake it up, but clicking it does nothing. Only way to get back into laptop is hold down power button for 10-20 seconds to forcefully shut down laptop and then boot it back up again.

I have the latest drivers/BIOS installed (per Lenovo Vantage) and the latest Windows updates installed. All software on the machine is up-to-date. The laptop is tied into Azure AD if that makes a difference.

Any help or suggestions for troubleshooting is greatly appreciated. I'd prefer not to blow it away and start over, since I have no idea if perhaps this is some sort of defect that won't be resolved by that or not. Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
Pookie25 Laptop Tech Support 7
S Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 0
X Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
AsianonTech Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0