This $19 gadget automated my garage with no hassles

Craigers66

Prominent
Nov 21, 2022
The My Q Smart Garage Control is a $19 device that automated my garage with no fuss and minimized all the home security loopholes in my house.

This $19 gadget automated my garage with no hassles : Read more
This item has been strife with known issues and minimal help from the company... Amazon typically sells items like this without the regard or care if it works or not. If the garage gets too cold or too hot, the app will not work! Imagine in the world of smart home technology where your only access to your home is through the garage. Now imagine that your app suddenly stops working..... Not a good feeling for sure. I'm glad you've not experienced this yet. But it's a common issue mentioned via the reviews on Amazon.

Nov 22, 2022
This is so obviously sponsored content and annoyingly it's not labeled obviously as such. Stuff like this really makes me question credibility.

Nov 22, 2022
I would strongly advise people to stay away from this product. I bought one so I could remove the remotes from our cars. While the setup was pretty straight forward, it's been very unreliable. I've had multiple times we're the server was down and I couldn't open the door. There's a long warning period before the door closes that you can't adjust. If there's any issues you only get 2 tries to close the door, then the app locks out and you have to manually close it. The door sensor takes 2250 batteries that are fairly expensive. I'm ready to replace mine since now it refuses to close the door at all. It does it's warning then nothing, the door doesn't move.
Long story short, the myq is a waste of money.

Nov 22, 2022
This thing is not reliable at all. Not one of the best in any way shape or form. The notifications suck. The status is wrong often, says your door is closed when it isn’t. App is crappy on iOS and Android. Do not buy this! Read real reviews from people who spent real money and you will fund the best ones. I got this for free in a promotion and wish I hadn’t wasted my time.

Nov 29, 2022
Why have a complex device with yet another app and server, just to detect if the garage door is open? Why not just add another of the window/door sensors you probably already have in your Ring system? They even sell an adapter for applications with unusual placement like garage doors.