This $30 Roku accessory fixes one of Roku's biggest problems

Mar 2, 2023
A question I have about this remote is if the "Private Listening" function will work with all the devices it is compatible with. We recently upgraded to the TCL 75S555 TV, and the included remote didn't have that feature, which our old Roku did. I tried pairing the old remote with the TV, and it functions for control, but the headphones don't work with it. I'm curious if the Pro remote will actually work with it, as this feature is very nice for nighttime viewing.

Mar 2, 2023
I fixed the lack of of programmable buttons on my Roku remotes with a $5 pair of pliers. I just yank off the quick start button covers. They pop right out and go in a drawer.

It's just really annoying when I accidentally hit one and it interrupts something that's playing, so now I remove all of them--even when I happen to subscribe to one of the services. Those buttons are a really stupid and poorly implemented feature IMO.

shinyhappyhead

Prominent
Nov 17, 2021
Keep in mind that keeping the "Hey Roku" switch turned on drains the battery more; so I keep mine switched off.