This $350 Android Watch Syncs to Phone, Has Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince_Porter

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
While I think the design is stupid, I could easily argue that one who is willing to check their facebook/twitter via a watch because they simply don't care what others thinks, proves you to have a higher self-esteem ;)

G

Sony made one of these last year, and it costs about $70. It doesn't have the speakerphone part, but still, that's a metric crapton less money in exchange for one less feature! It's called the Sony Liveview.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
If it can't do Dick Tracey, I'd rather check my facebook on my Bluetooth enabled LCD shades, or play Angry Birds on the big screen (through DisplayPort)... ;-)

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Wouldn't a pair of Bluetooth enabled shades to check facebook updates & SMS' with a front facing camera with optical zoom that can take pictures & record videos be more tempting for those who want to play Robocop or 00Stupid?

skaz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Put the current android os version on it, room for future updates, lower price by 300 dollars, and make it so you can throw it on one of those "wireless" recharge battery pads and then maybe I'd buy one. Just my opinion.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I don't wear watches. My Android phone is my watch, and I always carry it with me so I see no need to wear a watch. Now if they make the screen a decent size put on a minimum of Android 2.3 an allow it to make calls - then you would be on to something. But hey I already have that.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
not all that thrilled about the Android 1.6, But the idea of having your smartphone pump data (maybe newsfeeds, incoming text messages, weather/time) to another device/screen i think is a very interesting idea. You can leave your phone in your pocket and decide if that last text message is worth responding to now or if it can wait. Also could be useful while driving, My vehicle has hands free but you cant help but look at your phone to view an incoming text or maybe an intuitive way to view easily/quickly your most frequently used contacts so your eyes spend less time looking away from the road (Of course waiting until you've stopped to look at your phone would make sense but not everyone is sensible that way). Also i wonder if broadcasting to a bluetooth device device like this would drain battery faster than using the screen? Utilizing it as a speakerphone for those without hands free vehicles is also a pretty neat idea!

pewtersbyte

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
As technology has progressed we have seen phones become an all-in-one utility device, however, wearing a watch that has a few programs, very limited battery life and micro-size screen for $350 bucks seems destined to fail, in my humble opinion.

pewtersbyte

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
As technology has progressed we have seen phones become an all-in-one utility device, however, wearing a watch that has a few programs, very limited battery life and micro-size screen for $350 bucks seems destined to fail, in my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.