News This action-packed military thriller is Netflix's new No. 1 movie — and viewers rate it 94% on Rotten Tomatoes

Jul 22, 2024
Crowe was mis-cast in this movie. 60 year old and overweight Capt in the US Airforce? Nope. The rest of the movie is OK if you are a 16 year old kid. If you are military or former military especially combat arms MOS, do not watch this. You'll be spending half the movie yelling at the screen. The list of BS is to long. I think they had a Pvt from admin as the military advisor.

Fox Tread3

Prominent
Jun 19, 2023
July 23, 2024 - This movie takes me back to the good old days when men were men and there were no four foot nothing "girl bosses" beating up on seven foot guys. Anyone that likes the Reacher TV series should like this movie. With all due respect to Russell Crowe, I think he should spend a little more time pushing away from the dinner table. For a wealthy guy that can afford personal trainers, I think the guy has really let himself go. The acting in the movie is okay, but I think anyone even vaguely familiar with Military operations knows that this movie is all Hollywood fantasy war. There are no ready to go rescue teams or other support, and the bad guys just seem to pop up from nowhere at the most inconvenient times for our hero. If you want some action, this movie isn't a terrible choice.

timhood

Estimable
Jun 18, 2021
Crowe was mis-cast in this movie. 60 year old and overweight Capt in the US Airforce? Nope. The rest of the movie is OK if you are a 16 year old kid. If you are military or former military especially combat arms MOS, do not watch this. You'll be spending half the movie yelling at the screen. The list of BS is to long. I think they had a Pvt from admin as the military advisor.
It had good entertainment value, but why do military movies always include the same tropes? The insubordinate junior officer that gets away with it? The egotistical villain that is somehow so short-sighted it leads to his demise? The roomful of military personnel who seem to have more interest in a basketball game on TV than anything remotely work-related (including the senior officer!) even though there is an ongoing high-stakes operation.

Like most other movies in this genre, a little script cleanup would have gone a long way to making this a movie you could watch more than once. It was entertaining, but could have been more.