This is absolutely stupid.

Alan Asnen

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Have a new Q550LF laptop w/o manual. It went south days after purchase. Wrote to online ASUS tech, they suggested that I remove the battery. Uh, where's the battery and how do I remove it?

geofelt

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
1. Turn it over, and there should be some sort of latch to release the battery.
2. Did the package come with a cd? The manual should be there.
3. Look at the asus web site, there should be a manual that can be downloaded.

geofelt

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
1. Turn it over, and there should be some sort of latch to release the battery.
2. Did the package come with a cd? The manual should be there.
3. Look at the asus web site, there should be a manual that can be downloaded.

Alan Asnen

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

Asus_Fred

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the unit. If you could possibly provide some more information I can try and assist you. If you like you can send me a direct email to cl-fred@asus.com.

RetiredChief

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
^
Nice to see a company ref looking at post(s) and even better one that try's to help.
PS Love my Asus PB278Q monitor. Have two computers + a Stand-alone DVD recorder W/Cable input hooked to it.
But alas, for Laptop ended up going with the Samsung RF711.

expl0itfinder

Honorable
May 20, 2013

+1. Direct community support in the forums from the representatives is always appreciated. That really says something about service to the customer.

Alan Asnen

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

Alan Asnen

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Thank you Fred. There isn't any more info, really. I cannot locate the battery in this computer. I'm not a dummy. Both my wife and I have tried. I've looked at the manual online and the info it gives is obviously for some other laptop, even though the model number is the same. There are no "latches" or any "doors" on the back of this unit. It's as smooth as a newborn's bottom, except for four round rubber feet. There is nothing anywhere to even indicate that there is a battery except for one indicator on the edge. I actually have gotten it to work again, by accident I suppose, but I do still need to know how to remove the battery, don't I? Oh, and thank you all, everyone else, just for the moral support!

Alan Asnen

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
I just recd email from ASA Tech. The battery cannot be removed (despite fact that they told me to remove it!!!). So, even though I've only had this unit for two weeks, they tell me I have to return this for repair.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
worldwarli Laptop Tech Support 1
ajw4321 Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 6
L Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 7
A Laptop Tech Support 1