This Is How Fast Korean Starcraft Players Are

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubernoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
i've already known this, my friend averages 300apm during starcraft competitively. I get around 60 and we both enjoy it, btw my friend is not asian, hes white and has better apm than my korean friend that plays WoW

sinsear

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
The vast majority of their "actions" are simply redirecting their units slightly; they right click to move in a single area like 5-10 times. A lot of their "actions" aren't really different/separate actions and can be consolidated into one and just waiting for the units to move there instead of right clicking on the same patch of ground 10 times. In actuality, their "Unique Actions Per Minute" is more like 30-50 instead of 200 to 300.

averagejoe_1984

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
This is the problem with RTS games. Assuming roughly equivalent knowledge of game mechanics, he who has a faster APM shall win. To make RTS games more appealing, game companies should try to make them more like chess. They should try to make each move more important and less tweakable my quick changes in commands. Perhaps making unit movement changes less relevant to the outcome of the battle, but instead making longer term movement and attack choices more important. Its an enigma how you get a realtime strategy game to encourage strategy over speed. The first game to do it well will likely be a hit. Supreme Commander went in this direction, but the developer never polished the game to completion. Its still the closest example of what I am trying to explain.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
I'd say something similar to sinsear and averagejoe_1984's comments. For ones, APMs like this are more for real time TACTICS games (Starcraft is tactics, in a large part) than strategy. Strategy is more about the long drawn out game, in which APMs are not as important.

As well, a large portion of what they're doing IS just slight redirection, not anything huge, nor will it necessarily win the game.

natureaddict

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Who else thinks that the guy in the video looks a lot like the mainstream depiction of an alien? Maybe so called aliens are really our Korean overlords from the future?

killbits

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
[citation][nom]natureaddict[/nom]Who else thinks that the guy in the video looks a lot like the mainstream depiction of an alien? Maybe so called aliens are really our Korean overlords from the future?[/citation]

racist much?

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I'm not dissing Koreans they are fast, but that video was sped up. Look closely and you will see towards right before the guy comes onto the screen theres like 4 seconds is real time. There fast and damn good too, but anyone can master hot keys on a keyboard and click that fast. And if you have ever watched real tournaments on youtube, they don't click that fast. I play those games on a weekly basis, it was sped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.