This is the First Reveal for Modern Warfare 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]teodoreh[/nom]Sexxxxyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!Damn I need to upgrade my VGA![/citation]
I doubt it, looks like console fodder for sure. BF3 will pwn this graphically. The only this has going for it are the console fanboys.(which is great for them to make $$), poor for PC gamers as they is nothing ground breaking in this one. Meh, I will pass on this $60 console port. Wake me when it his $5 on steam

G

Another console game with 2006 graphics :( I understand that a game needs a good gameplay buy graphics are very important also. A good example is Witcher2 !

duk3

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
CoD4, edition 5.
If you want, you can argue that CoD3 was the real beginning of the reskinned series of CoD games.
Either way, it looks exactly the same as the last 4 games.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]adamboy64[/nom]The cash cow prepares for it's annual milking.[/citation]
Haha, +1.

Unlike most PC gamers, I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 (as well as CoD 1, 2 & 4). Was looking forward to Black Ops because of the return of dedicated servers... but ended up extremely disappointed. Should of just trusted my gut when I decided that Treyarch just doesn't have the magic when I played CoD 5.

So..... Modern Warfare 3 better be something super special otherwise I'm not going back. Definitely not gonna get sucked into pre-ordering this time around... especially since I know the meat and potatoes of Infinity Ward has either left or got fired since MW2.

Sometimes the green beans alone just don't cut it.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
well i got no hopes up for this. granted the last MW had a great online feel but the singel player are one of the worst ewer i still hawent gotten true and i newer will.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]I doubt it, looks like console fodder for sure. BF3 will pwn this graphically. The only this has going for it are the console fanboys.(which is great for them to make $$), poor for PC gamers as they is nothing ground breaking in this one. Meh, I will pass on this $60 console port. Wake me when it his $5 on steam[/citation]

Yep, and I'm not going to shell out $60 for a sloppy port that doesn't break any new grounds in any category. Assuming Dice stands by their claims that they will put in "extra effort" (which, to PC gamers, probably means equal effort) this game should decimate MW3 on PC.

My only gripe for BF3 is prone. I was overjoyed when I realized prone was gone from BF:BC2. BF2 was plagued with swan diving morons and it made counter-sniping a bit more fair since you can't hide in miniscule holes in the map. Unfortunately, we'll have to deal with all the problems that made BF2 NOT fun all over again. Maybe they fixed it somehow...

As far as the Call of Duty franchise, it's essentially been the same essential game since release. While you can probably make the same claim about BF, at least they've innovated in such a way that it adds to the battle rather than making it uncomfortably flashy.

Long story short, I'll preorder BF3... MW3 will only happen once it's in the bargain bin.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
DirectX11 or fail.

Game developers need to STOP making cross platform games so console makers are forced to play catch up with the PC industry.

gruntlord6

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]DirectX11 or fail.Game developers need to STOP making cross platform games so console makers are forced to play catch up with the PC industry.[/citation]
Not how business works

Status
Not open for further replies.