This Is The PlayStsation Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If this turns out to be a reality, it may be a reason for me to upgrade my phone. I can't stand using on screen touch buttons to play games.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Its not a PlayStation as it is a TalkStation or ChatterStation. Oh I forgot TextStation. The point to PlayStion is games not just being another phone. -.-

How many phones do people need?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Thhis is the best idea sony has had in a long while. Its simply genius to make a phone that has the right to call itself a gaming platform. Ill definitely get one as soon as it comes out, no matter what carrier, Im itching to play my fav PS1 games on the go. This is the first true iphone killer Ive heard of(has potential to sell more by itself).

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
If this ends up being genuine, and I'm in the market for a phone, I could see myself getting it.

I guess it depends on what backwards compatibility it has..

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Been a reader of TH for a few years now... But surely you cant go out saying "This is the PS phone" or whatever that might be when you are counting on other peoples' finding, which are also based on leaks and rumors.. And to prove a point, Sony already came out saying this is absolutely fake. So, this is why you shouldnt make false articles.

"This Might Be The PlayStation Phone" fixed

"This Wasn't The PlayStation Phone" prefix for the followup article...

daniel123244

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I dont know if it is possible (and i doubt sony would do it) but i would like to see the games they release also have touch controls or something so that thy can put them on the android market. It would really boost the gaming potential of android.

yose3

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
well this phone might be perfect for ps emulator and nintendo amulator and some android games app too

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
As long as I don't have to buy Sony Everything to use the thing (it had better take MicroSD cards instead of Memory Sticks) and install Sony Everything (that is, needing to install Sony Crap on every computer I plug this thing into), I think they might just have a winner on their hands.

It would especially be interesting if they incorporated a UMD into the phone, but I don't think that will happen.

As long as it doesn't have a terrible interface and is rootable, then I'm all for it.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
Brilliant. I personally think had they implemented the phone functionality into the PSP at the release and jacked the price up as well, it would have been successful. I think they lost money by not implementing it earlier but then again, there could be battery problems

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]FLanighan[/nom]IPHONE 4 ALL THE WAYNEVER FORGET[/citation]
oh jeeze..another Apple Zombie.

"Honey, go get the Windows Shotgun 7!!"

gaahh, it hurts so bad, considering I too have an iphone..

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
Finally, a phone with gaming buttons.

Depending on the apps, I will buy this, and replace my iphone with it. ESPECIALLY if there are retro emulators for it.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Legitimacy is certainly in question here, but I like the idea.
While a analog stick is certainly favorable compared to a D-pad, two small and accurate touch pads may be better than the crappy analog currently on the PSP's.

Not a very pretty phone though. At least the concept is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.