This laptop has ruined the greatest gaming PC for me — here's why

Aug 8, 2024
I had the same sentiments about gaming in my office, so my solution was to set up streaming from my PC to my living room TV using ethernet and a mini PC. Sunshine + Moonlight offers an essentially latency-free experience at 4k60 and now my PS5 is basically collecting dust.

Aug 8, 2024
I’ve come to terms with the notion that media outlets have to generate tons of content to maintain foot traffic, and that 99% of content is just an advertisement. With that being said, the author (you) should be ashamed of thyself for not only penning and publishing this “piece,” I urge you to please unplug and set aside some time to look inward and self-reflect.

Does this friend actually exist? If this theoretical person does - breathe, eat, and poo like the rest of us - and can afford a new graphics card, to the exorbitant dollar amount that you suggest, then he or she can just as likely afford one of the many OLED displays on the market (which you infallibly did not fail to mention your proclivities to self-emitting diode displays).

Besides the fact that this post is just an excuse for some bizarre, consumer electronics journalistic onanism - how can you suggest that a mobile 4070 RTX jammed inside a 14-inch notebook - produced by the now well-established jester of quality control and king of predatory tactics towards consumers, ASUS - is somehow even REMOTELY comparable to a desktop with a 4090 + a modern CPU.

I don’t even have to look up the max power draw of the CPU or GPU in that exact device, there exists no reality in which a tiny little device like that is going to be adequately cooled, let alone would it be designed to provide enough power to even max out the power limits of said processing units. Regardless, 4K UHD on a 14 inch panel, OLED or not, is an absolute joke. You are an asinine fool, and I pity you if you actually believe any of what you’ve written. Even 2K QHD on such a tiny display is unnecessary, but sure, it looks nicer than FHD. I own a GE67HX UGS laptop, just under 16” 2K OLED panel @ 240hz, 3070 TI, 12th gen i9 HX, albeit no G-sync - and this is my favorite part of your garbage writing, claiming that your magical eyes + magical optical nerves can’t live without - I’ve spent countless hours on various rigs and displays, ranging from 1080p 144hz VA panel + 2080 TI, 1440p 144hz VA panel + 3060/3070, 4K 144hz IPS panel + 3090 TI, 4K 120hz LG C1 + 4090; whether G-sync was enabled or not, I could not once perceive or have any notion in knowing if it was actually enabled unless I opened NVIDIA control panel. Take a wild guess as to my experience with a G-sync less OLED laptop? I might as well just claim it has G-sync because it performs and feels exactly like every display I’ve owned with G-sync.

As for your desktop rig, either you’re one unlucky individual, or you just have no idea how to properly troubleshoot PCs. And no desktop built within reasonable means weighs 65 lbs; based on your listing of parts, even with an eATX board and a full-size tower, 50 lbs is generous.

Only a monkey would choose a little iPad sized display over a top of the line desktop.

Last edited by a moderator: