This Lenovo is going insane

FlyingTripod

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
Hey fellas,

A friend of mine recently dropped off her Lenovo Thinkpad and was wondering if there was anything I could do to help improve performance since it was grinding to a near halt after she had a tech upgrade her from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I'm not sure if it was the update route but she does have all her files so I am thinking such is the case rather than a clean install.

So, after waiting about ten minutes to boot up and hit the task manager, I noticed that there are probably 100+ instances of Lenovo.Modern.IMcontroller.pluginhost (32-bit) applications running which chews up +/- 95% of her 4GB of ram.

So, my question to you fellas who have Lenovo experience, is there a file or application which I can disable to have that go away without crippling or compromising the system? I've scoured the internet and most inquiries lead to a bunch of websites which all look the same but offer some kind of convenient uninstaller which I really don't trust.

Should I uninstall the Lenovo System Interface Foundation App or is there something I can update?

Any information would be greatly appreciated since I am not that familiar with proprietary laptop software.