This New Android Phone Has Two Useful Displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Intresting concept. Games and GPS would really benefit from this large screen, while for certain apps two displays would be great (a message list in one screen and the email you're typing in the other, for example).

Let's just hope they get it right and don't skimp on features or, even more crucial, build quality. A dual display device is tricky to make, especially at this very attractive price point.

razorblaze42

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
lol, now suddenly single core smart phones are slow? and what do you have to make that comparison? It's not like dual core smartphones have actually reached the general public, except maybe in China.
Dual core smart phones maybe on the horizon, and are cute, but I'm sure it will be a couple of generations, at least, before the battery life issue is resolved.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]razorblaze42[/nom]lol, now suddenly single core smart phones are slow? and what do you have to make that comparison? It's not like dual core smartphones have actually reached the general public, except maybe in China.Dual core smart phones maybe on the horizon, and are cute, but I'm sure it will be a couple of generations, at least, before the battery life issue is resolved.[/citation]

Dual cores are more power efficient that single core processors.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Randomacts[/nom]Dual cores are more power efficient that single core processors.[/citation]

Two cores are more efficient because they can split the load and get the work done faster but this advantage is lost if the OS isn't designed with multi-core CPU's in mind. I think that Android 2.3 has support but I'm not sure.

Anyways, our current battery tech is too shoddy to support a phone like this. The screen draws the most power. You won't get a day of use out of this phone especially with that single core CPU.

col_krismiss

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Anyone else wonder how this operates while closed? It looks like one screen should always face up and it just slides instead of opens. But While looking for confirmation of this I looked at the video closely and something caught my attention at the 25 second spot. It looks like a video glitch where the user was about to slide the up facing screen out, but it cuts and switches to it opening like a book, revealing the screen on the bottom portion of the lid instead of the top, like it was before the glitch....

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I like the idea. Nice concept for a gaming phone to me (virtual joysticks and buttons on the bottom pad).
I want something like this, but with dual 1024x768 S-AMOLED.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
1ghz is enought my n8 run a 600mhz some thing and it brows the web faster then iphone 4 on the opera web broser. The only thing this phome need is good and fast ram so it can handle the extra rez.

Status
Not open for further replies.