Thought my old sound card was broken so I bought a new one, microphone still doesn't work!

Feb 13, 2018
As it's stated in the title I bought a new sound card because nothing else I had tried or was suggest would work. It's set as default recording device, they are plugged in all the way and correctly, and it doesn't show any green bars when I speak, I honestly have no idea what to do.
I'm on windows 10 with a xonar dgx sound card and a logitech g233 headset. I'm almost positive it isn't the headset because my apple headphones won't work either.

Apple headphones have combined microphone and headphones, headphones for PC have dedicated, unless you have connector for combined, are you sure that your microphone on headset isn't broken, have you checked that you didn't switch to mute on volume knob?

Feb 13, 2018

I have a headphone splitter for the apple headphones and my headset is not muted, also I bought that headset brand new because I thought my other one was broken since it didn't work on my computer but I guess that wasn't the problem

Feb 13, 2018

I have a headphone splitter for my apple earbuds, my headset is not muted, and the other headset I have also doesn't work on it and I bought it brand new so it's definitely not the headset that is at fault

Feb 13, 2018

Motherboard is an MSI z270, new sound card is a xonar dgx, the levels tab is turned up, I have shown disabled devices and neither mics are one of them

Feb 13, 2018

Yeah I've already seen a video like that one and changed it from front panel.

This is a couple snips I took of the DGX control panel, https://imgur.com/a/avkxC

D

Deleted member 217926

So when you right click and select Recording Devices the default microphone is your sound card? And the mic cable is plugged into the mic port on the card?

D

Deleted member 217926

OK so when you select it you can open the Properties and Configure sub menus.

Under properties make sure use this device is selected. Make sure the levels are turned up. And under advanced make sure allow applications to take control of this device is enabled.

Under configure try set up your microphone.

D

Deleted member 217926

You know the Apple splitter may not work with anything but Apple devices. Your headset has one cable that you're splitting into 2 right? One for the headphone port and one for the mic port?

Feb 13, 2018

I also have another headset separate from the logitech one which also didn't work and it has 2 plugs and yes, it has one cable I'm splitting into two, also I'm sure they're in the right slots. I've also already tried to configure it in properties and nothing has happened

D

Deleted member 217926

I'm at a loss then. I have a Xonar Essence STX with a very similar control panel and I don't see anywhere to configure a mic in there. I've had the card close to 7 years but I've never used a mic with it.

EtMmDI2.png