THQ Auctioning Off Unsold Game Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
While Homeworld was really good and Homeworld 2 was ok, I don't see where they can really go with the Homeworld series as Homeworld 2 really put a kibosh on future stories for the Homeworld series.

I definitely would like to see someone pick up Darksiders and go forward with the story there. It would be nice to play as both Fury and Strife and see who is really behind what's going on (as can be seen in the ending of DS2 with who Lilith is talking too).

G

Hopefully EA will sell off its AAA properties in the not too distant future.

wannabepro

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
I sooo want to buy Red Faction
I'd turn it into the most hardcore multiplayer game ever, with destructible environments, vehicles, everything.

We need a kickstarter to save that series. The graphics in it were just amazing. And the gameplay was pretty good too.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I want to buy Darksiders!! :p But seriously, i think CAPCOM will do good to buy Darksiders since they're pro with 3rd person action games like DMC series.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
A few good memories hiding in these titles and I remember when THQ was the little guy too ;-)

I'm guessing some independent will pick up the scraps, maybe.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]opmopadop[/nom]A few good memories hiding in these titles and I remember when THQ was the little guy too ;-)I'm guessing some independent will pick up the scraps, maybe.[/citation]

Or EA.

"How many games can we flush down the toliet?"

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]balister[/nom]While Homeworld was really good and Homeworld 2 was ok, I don't see where they can really go with the Homeworld series as Homeworld 2 really put a kibosh on future stories for the Homeworld series.[/citation]

Homeworld: Rise of the Bentusi

Draven35

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
[citation][nom]balister[/nom]While Homeworld was really good and Homeworld 2 was ok, I don't see where they can really go with the Homeworld series as Homeworld 2 really put a kibosh on future stories for the Homeworld series..[/citation]

What, a network of jumpgates all over the galaxy and free trade means no one ever goes to war? uhm....

Hupiscratch

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
Supreme Commander is a great RTS. The funny this is that when the computer doesn't have enough CPU power but the GPU is good, the game start running in slow motion, but with high frame rate, instead of glitching or something like that.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I would be sad if darksiders was left on the wayside, fun game beat the hell out of the devil may cry series in gameplay and story imo all while lookign better.

as for the other titles in the more odd large lots i hope somebody picks up you don't know jack, it was always a fun trivia game

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I home someone picks up the 'Other' packs. There are some great series in there that I'd like to see continued. Would love to play a new Destroy All Humans (I didn't know they even made a sequel) or Supreme Commander. And All Star Cheer Squad... ok maybe not.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
wow SuperCom, Frontlines, Homeworld, Red Faction, and Full Spec Warrior didn't sell yet?

all the ones that require steam to play like Supercom2.
i'd say the fastest way to kill off any of these game companies is DRM and then adding internet connection required/steam connection requirements.

loved THQ until that b.s. rolled out, now i'm glad another one bites the dust. can't wait til EA falls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS