Threatening Rap on YouTube Lands Two in Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
"Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither" Ben Franklin

If there was an actual plan in the works.. Ok maybe.. But next thing you know if you get pissed of and say I'll kill you *even though you wouldn't never hurt a fly, and never have done anything to prove otherwise* you'll get thrown in jail.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Alternatively don't be a dipshit and say things in a public forum like the internet - with the violent idiocy of this generation, do you really want to take the risk that these guys were only piss and wind?

If you go up to somebody in the street and threaten to kill somebody, even if it's just words, you'll get arrested for it. Why is a video on YouTube any different?

You don't deserve free speech if you're a fucking retard quite frankly.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]LePhuronn[/nom]You don't deserve free speech if you're a fucking retard quite frankly.[/citation]
Everyone deserves free speech. You just might be held accountable for what you say.

p00dl3_h3r0

Distinguished
May 13, 2005
Again, the key thing here is that they mentioned specific peoples real names, who were law enforcement officials they apparently were involved with. Be it rap or otherwise, on youtube or next to a patrol car, that=a poor decision on their part. They had it coming.

G

Sure they didn't mom.

Once again, Parrish injects his personal opinion. You are supposed to be neutral on a news site Kevin.

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Just think if they were rich this wouldn't of happened. They might of gotten sued but not arrested. I'm not trying to justify what they did, it is stupid and disrespectful, but the way our legal system works is just bull.

maxpain12

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Rap was born out of the need for a legit means to express ones views and ideals of how society should be. Now it has turned into an vessel to glorify the the so called Ghetto life style that demeans people into thinking that acting in a less intelligible manner is cool and the Ghetto is something to be proud of rather than lifted out of. The Gangster element has a profound influence in the main stream even though there still are some decent acts out there. I think in so many ways it misguides youth and supports their transition into a darker path rather than encourage them to get an education and quit wasting time on the streets.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Never said they weren't retarded, but arrested is overboard. I could understand reasonable cause to search their houses/cars.. etc To see if they were actually planning anything. People say stupid shit all the time, doesn't mean they mean it. And if they do go to jail, these kids could very well get out worse then what then when they went in.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]Never said they weren't retarded, but arrested is overboard. I could understand reasonable cause to search their houses/cars.. etc To see if they were actually planning anything. People say stupid shit all the time, doesn't mean they mean it. And if they do go to jail, these kids could very well get out worse then what then when they went in.[/citation]

Don't ever report anyone for threatening to physically harm or kill you then. Since you don't think that's enough to arrest someone.

G

We already have too many of those Yoyo wannabe gangsters!

Just being a wannabe is already enough to put them behind bars!
They're probably up to no good anyways.

A good person does not involve himself with threatening people, or shooting guns on a video trying to look cool!
They most likely spend their time in a better way!

Yeah, I saw this on the news a few days back. It's fine to "discuss" your dissatisfaction with something or another in a public forum like the Internet, but yes, when you start naming and threatening public officials, you're done.

m3kt3k

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Its the same as telling a cop to his face that you will kill him.. Try it and see how well that works. LOL I have also supported the axiom stupidity should hurt. I think this makes the point.

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]We already have too many of those Yoyo wannabe gangsters!Just being a wannabe is already enough to put them behind bars!They're probably up to no good anyways.A good person does not involve himself with threatening people, or shooting guns on a video trying to look cool!They most likely spend their time in a better way![/citation]
we will never have real gangsters again... just a bunch of wannabes... the ages of Al Capone are long gone. *sigh*

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
though I don't agree with what they did, I hate the use of post 9/11 society... WTF? They are not terrorist they are just misguided ignorant fools... This is why the patriot act is shit as they can label anyone that is against the government a terrorist which is unconstitutional. Saying that, these two morons deserve to be in jail :)

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Yeah I'm very wary of all this post 9/11 lingo and stance that the government has adopted. Next thing you know they will be listening to your phone calls... oh wait, they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.