to connect a mxq box to philips home theatre

Solution
Yes, we need to know what actual surround sound system you have, since those crazy people at phillips have made more than one model in the multiple decades they have made electronics.
We will also likely need to know what TV you have because you will likely need to send audio from TV to your philips system.

I can make the assumption that you have one of those dvd/blu-ray combo boxes with some speakers. These are more designed with the intent of providing surround sound for your dvd/blu-ray but not much concern about other inputs.
At best these have toslink, SOMETIMES they have ARC via HDMI as an audio input for all the rest of your devices. For this setup you hook everything to TV HDMI ports and then output sound from TV to your...
What ports are available on both the MXQ and the home theater surround?

The box should have both HDMI and Toslink (the MXQ I had did anyway).

Which theater system do you have? Without knowing that, any answers can only be generic - and aren't going to help you out much.

Yes, we need to know what actual surround sound system you have, since those crazy people at phillips have made more than one model in the multiple decades they have made electronics.
We will also likely need to know what TV you have because you will likely need to send audio from TV to your philips system.

I can make the assumption that you have one of those dvd/blu-ray combo boxes with some speakers. These are more designed with the intent of providing surround sound for your dvd/blu-ray but not much concern about other inputs.
At best these have toslink, SOMETIMES they have ARC via HDMI as an audio input for all the rest of your devices. For this setup you hook everything to TV HDMI ports and then output sound from TV to your Philips box.

Solution

kerry-neale

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017

It's philips htb350 home theatre

kerry-neale

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017