To Dell with love

Third World

Estimable
Oct 20, 2014
September 2014 when I first bought my first ever laptop (dell inspiron 15 5547 the i7 version) using my parent's hard earned money. I was 18 that time when I got my first laptop so I was so happy. Fast forward to December 18, 2015 when I tried opening my laptop but it won't on. I noticed that the light on the charger goes off when I'm trying to connect the charger to the laptop. I didn't do anything it just didn't turned on. I visited 4 service centres and they told me that the motherboard is dead and they recommended me to just buy a new one. You think I still have the means to buy one? It's not under warranty anymore. Perfect timing right? Now I can't finish my business plan (project in school so you can graduate) and other school related activities. Even playing games and watching movies. Knowing that this can't be fix anynore why am I still writing this? Frustration. I'm very frustrated. Knowing that your parent's hard earned money goes to waste. I should not have trusted ny future to dell. Thank you for destroying dreams!

-From a normal student with love. Cheers

boju

Distinguished
Try remove the laptop battery and just have it run on AC, see if it turns on.

Do you have a means of access to another computer like a friend? Connecting the laptop's hdd to another computer to re obtain your work can be done easily enough. I'm sure your school will help you out.