To turn Micro SD Card into (default storage) on android tablet 4.4.4 Proscan PLT-9604 Kernel version: 3.10.0

Nicole_35

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
Ok so I am just digesting the fact that I have a version that seems to precede Lollipop, and then came Mashmallow, and anything earlier than Marshmallow is basically useless! :-/ I was given this tablet so I am unfamiliar with it, but I did discover that there is an app in there called: ‘’ApkInstaller’’ and another called: ‘’Explorer’’ that seems to be significant! ;-) looks like it manages applications  now the thing is – I have no clue how to use this  and am afraid to screw something up if I try to switch storage default to Micro SD Card… ( they show it on youtube BUT is it reliable ??? I bought a 32GB microsdcard cause not enough space to put more games! I brought my tablet at the electronics store – to be sure I would not waste my money! The guy looked at it, said it was a good one ;-) and sold me the card. In Storage I can see that I have 29.82GB available, BUT WHEN I MOVE GAMES TO SD CARD – I go back to ‘’Storage’’ and the numbers don’t change!!! And now it started telling me again that I don’t have enough space!!! PLEASE tell me if this card will be useless for me – because I am going back to that store and this guy will see the Devil walk in – and I promise you he will remember it till the day he dies!!! (lollll I’m sure u r laughing now  but he won’t be ;-)
Thank you very much by the way, for sharing your knowledge 
Nicole

Solution
To move things over, say photos, music, videos, and the like (not apps) you would need to use an app, or file manager if your device has one. If not, personally I find the simplest way is to connect the device to a computer via USB cord, then move the things over to a folder on the computer, and then copy them back over the USB cord to the SD card. It is much faster.

You can then also set up certain apps to save new things created to the card. Like in your camera app.
On the older versions there really isn't a way to set up the card to allow for apps to run from it. Not without rooting the device, which personally I don't recommend as it can easily brick the device.

If you can upgrade to "Marshmallow" then you can do the change, making the SD card "Internal" storage rather than "External" storage. However, if you can't upgrade to that, then you woudl be left with moving things like photos, videos, music, etc., over to the SD card. Which they can take up lots of space as well, so sometimes it will give you enough room.

Nicole_35

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
Thank you for taking the time of answering my issues, much appreciated! i'll find out if I can upgrade. Can u tell me if this 32GB microsdcard I bought will indeed be useless ? I don't see options to move things to it - but I do see it in my Storage tho. AND the app (ApkInstaller and Explorer) are app managers, and when I open (Explorer) I can see the 3 ; NAND FLASH, SD card, USB storage. So it looks like I can do something there... but don't know the procedure :-( and by the way is the so called USB storage my MICROSDCARD ???

Nicole_35

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Nicole_35 : "ApkInstaller and ''Explorer'' do these apps move apps to Micro SD Card - on tablet Android 4.4.4 Proscan PLT-9604 kernel 3.10."

How do I use the app ''ApkInstaller'' and ''Explorer'' it's in my tablet Proscan PLT-9604 Android 4.4.4 Kernel version 3.10.0 -- ALSO I bought a 32GB microsdcard - which I do see when I go to Storage - BUT - am unable to send anything to it !!! Would like to know if this Microsdcard will be USELESS ??? oups almost forgot to ask.. is it possible that instead of being called microsdcard = would be called USB storage ? cause when I open ''Explorer'' I see 3 names:; NAND FLASH, SD card, USB storage. This app seems to be an app manager quite significant - and perhaps the one I need to be using to move apps - I would need the procedure tho ;-) if u could help me get it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you very VERY much :)

To move things over, say photos, music, videos, and the like (not apps) you would need to use an app, or file manager if your device has one. If not, personally I find the simplest way is to connect the device to a computer via USB cord, then move the things over to a folder on the computer, and then copy them back over the USB cord to the SD card. It is much faster.

You can then also set up certain apps to save new things created to the card. Like in your camera app.

Solution