Top 10 Gadgets That Harm Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

aevm

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
My cats do NOT watch skin flicks. They are neutered, poor guys. They do however enjoy watching Planet Earth, including those scenes with the lion and the lionesses...

There are easy ways to protect cables if your pet likes to chew them. A little mustard in their favorite chewing spot will solve it. There are commercial cat repellent sprays too.

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
This is a bit vague. What about these gadgets is actually harmful to them? Are these all coming from electrocution from wire chewing? In that case this survey will be skewed by what appliances are most common among those surveyed and not by what's actually more dangerous. The only one of these that seems like it could be more directly dangerous is irresponsible flailing of the Wiimotes.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
The problem with surveys are that only people with stories would respond to one like this. So of the 3,000 surveyed, those that didn't mail in the free survey weren't counted in the survey? I'm a little suspicious as to what the survey really was. As with most "8 out of 10 dentists prefer this toothpaste" surveys, you really have no idea. Now that I read LAN-deRf_HA's post, I agree. This "article" is pointless and irrelevant without more detail. Don't bother reading it if you chose to read the comments first.

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]I think the problem is that most warning labels are not written in lolcat:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolcat[/citation]
I support this thesis.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Most of the faults must be electrocution of some sort. Just use some cable eaters in obvious 'pet range' and you'd be fine. Mice probably would still eat the cable, but bigger pets would find the edgy plastic discomforting and stop chewing before they hit hte actual cable. Leaving only pissing on the electronics as option for a roast. Apart from that I have to say I don't know anyone who's had a pet that got electrocuted indoor or otherwise came to harm by means of electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.