Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Upgrade To Firefox 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have worked with Firefox 3 a bit in Linux Mint, and I can assure the few conservatives among you that you won't feel like you're using a new browser.
But I can also assure the progressive ones among you that the new features are nice. For zooming I used to require an extension, which didn't always deliver the best of results, it's nice to have it fully incorporated into the browser. The download manager revamp is absolutely positive, the old download manager was a bit like the American Goverment when it came to releasing information, the new one is handier if you want to know, where, when and how much you downloaded.
About the address bar, I haven't surfed that much with it yet, but I'm sure that it can help you find what you're looking for.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Never had a problem with Firefox crashing before. I'm using a Release Candidate of Firefox 3 right now with Vista 64bit. Works great. Love Firefox over IE anyday of the week.

The only reason to even have IE is so you can visit windowsupdate.microsoft.com and download anything.

I like the download manager under Firefox 3 as well. :) Still getting used to the change in the Bookmark setup.

giancast

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
I have been using Firefox 3 Beta for a while in Xubuntu (in a laptop)and was working great until I installed Firefox 3 RC1. It has been crashing very bad, decided not to install it in my main system. For my laptop I downloaded Opera and to my surprise (I used to use only Opera until Firefox came to the scene) I am liking Opera again. I will wait for Firefox to fix the crashes until then main system = Firefox 3 Beta and Laptop = Opera.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I'm trying to reach their site now and it's sllloowww so I wonder how many people are hitting it now? I've been beta testing Firefox 3 for awhile on Ubuntu and I love it. Hopefully today I can download the released version and be included in the download count.

G

Hope Firefox3 is good, but it sure sounds a lot like an OPERA knockoff. The new security fixes should still make it worthwhile.

G

I'm using firefox3 RC
I love it , but i would love it even more if it can save web pages as .mht format
this feature is only limited to internet explorer, i searched firefox plugins, i found only one plugin that can do that saddly it's
not available any more.

Any help?

bananatwinkie

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
FIREFOX 3 & FIREFOX 4 are outdated. AVANT has a feature called online storage which stores your setting & bookmarks. Even the mouse gestures in AVANT is more advanced. Only at 1.9mb footprint. I guess FF4 is gonna have that when it comes out. AVANT is the FASTEST BROWSER.

KITH

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
you can do windows update in firefox with ie tab addon. it shows sites that you have selected that you are using ie so that they don't block your access.

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Anybody check out the about:config page yet?

First thing you see is a message saying "This could void your warranty". LOL
And then you have to promise to be careful in order to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.