Top 25 Devs Account for 50 Percent of App Revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
They think "Ooohh only $1 for this game? Why not!" and then later "Why it's only $1 for this add-on, sure I can spare $1."
Ok...
Guess what? It adds up.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
It's the top 1% they should be taxed! (in addition to the apple tax!) mwahahahaha. On a side note, I think I'm toward the bottom 1%. lols

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]They think "Ooohh only $1 for this game? Why not!" and then later "Why it's only $1 for this add-on, sure I can spare $1."Ok...Guess what? It adds up.[/citation]

That is how steam gets me :(

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
It makes sense. The mobile app market is simply flooded with so with many apps. Those that actually achieve getting attention out of the giant crowd will be the ones to bring in the vast majority of success. Unfortunately this also means that quality apps that would be widely enjoyed will be buried with the rest and barely noticed.

I think a accurate comparison is musicians. There is tons of talent that ranging from all differing quality. Yet a extremely slim amount will ever hit it big and get a contract with a major recording label. Even those that truly shine with talent may only be known within their city.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
[citation][nom]LightningStryk17[/nom]The other thousands (maybe millions?) of developers make hardly anything.[/citation]
The other thousands of developers flood the market with pure garbage apps... you reap what you sow.

Status
Not open for further replies.