TorrentReactor Buys Town, Gives It Free Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojito_619

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
My gut feeling says that there's a second motive. But my gut is also currently handling a lot of pizza, so meh.

jenkem

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
this makes the beginning of fight club when he talks about how corporations will own the universe seem way more plausible

endif

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
Sweet now when they get sued for any form of piracy they probably worked it into the contract so that this town is held responsible.

G

hahahahahahahaha

plonk a server in a town you own, imagine a town where the RIAA and MPIAA has no juristiction....

tharkis842

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Wow, if this is true, thats one hell of a nice thing to do for a small town in Russia. Tho i have to admit, makes me curious if this was really out of the goodness of their hearts. Either way, that's pretty awesome.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
[citation][nom]RIAAthat[/nom]hahahahahahahahaplonk a server in a town you own, imagine a town where the RIAA and MPIAA has no juristiction....[/citation]
Imagine said town denyed access to the net...

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Hahahah! but i bet they plan on turning that village into a hosting site. or.. they might actually be doing something good!

Wait.. where are the villagers going to get computers? i can't see 200+ people sharing 2 computers! (third one not accessible)

paranoidmage

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]Imagine said town denyed access to the net...[/citation]
Those oraganizations don't have the rights to make a decision about who gets internet access.

If there is another motive for TorretReactor, then at least there is a mutual benefit for both them and the villagers.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]eyemaster[/nom]The RIAA will come in and sweep the village clean for illegal file downloads... you'll see.[/citation]

its in russia....explain how that would happen.

ananke

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
There is jurisdiction, but anybody filing a suit will need 20 years to pass it through the bureucracy, and then it will be worthless, since the initial claim expiration is 15-17 years...they will need to file again :):):)

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]ananke[/nom]There is jurisdiction, but anybody filing a suit will need 20 years to pass it through the bureucracy, and then it will be worthless, since the initial claim expiration is 15-17 years...they will need to file again[/citation]

20 years plus a few million in bribes and protection money.

Nothing is free.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]mulciberxp[/nom]next: 4chan buys small village in Nicaragua, names it Anonymous, creates giant goatse crop circle seen from space[/citation]Omg speechless win.

Status
Not open for further replies.